Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Not In The Cards

I'm home today with LilJax while ChickJax and KidJax go on a field trip. The little one and I are headed out soon to shop for a new mower. I can see the excitement in her eyes. Actually, so I don't completely bore her all day, we are then going to go to a Children's Museum so she can have some fun.

Last night was a tad on the painful side for me at the Mookie. Nearing the bubble I got into a huge hand with Fluxer when I flopped a set. I put him to the test with a huge bet and he pushed with his flush draw. The flush landed on the river and I was down near the felt.

Somehow, however, I built my stack back up to a respectable amount. We were on the bubble and had been for quite a while. I'm sure it was nearing 30 minutes or so. Numerous times other players had been all-in, but managed to suckout or have their hands hold up to stay in it.

Something about the way things were playing out just didn't sit well with me at that point. Having lost that huge pot earlier, I just kept getting the feeling that I would be the guy left on the outside looking in. Alas I wake up with KK and push my 7k into a 2k raise. He calls and shows A8 and flops XAA. Good game me...out in 10th on the money and final table bubble. I can't remember who it was, but I think it was BrainMC.

I don't fault either player for the way they played their hands. Just not my night I guess. I should note I was never on tilt during any of this. I just don't seem to get "pissed off tilty" anymore. If anything I was just disappointed cause I really wanted to make that final table and vie for another Mookie title. I can smell my 3rd Mookie title coming soon, so watch out people.

And as for the BBT I was real close to making my 3rd final table in my last 5 blonkey events. Hopefully last nights results will put me at or near the Top 10. Smonkey had to go on a mini heater at the bubble there, otherwise I would have probably waxed him in the points. Guess we'll see when they update the numbers.

Moving on...

I'm wondering if any of my readers might be able to help me out. For whatever reason, my hand histories for Full Tilt are no longer saving on my hard drive. I have everything set for them to save, but nothing seems to be happening. The last time anything hit my hard drive was 4/19 and I've played plenty of times since then. I have checked my options within Full Tilt and the box is checked to save Hand Histories for 30 days. Any ideas? I've had a number of hands lately that I want to evaluate, but haven't been able to.

If anyone has any ideas or has been through a similar situation, I would appreciate a little help.

Until next time, may the felt be with you.

posted by TripJax @ 10:10 AM,

9 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about that suckout -- I suck at tournaments.

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

All good DP...that's just a big hand that someone has to win and this time you nailed it. I probably do the same thing in your position...

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger cmitch said...

Man, those were some horrible beats last night.

FTP HHs - If you get sucked out on more often than you should then the software automatically stops saving the HHs to your computer. This is a built-in safety feature to protect their customers from throwing their computers out the window when reviewing their sessions. :)

I had a similar problem after the resizable tables got added to the main software. Did you ever download the beta version? I did and after the last update all of my HHs are getting saved to C:\Program Files\Full Tilt Poker BETA\Hand History Folder instead of the Main FTP folder.

If that doesn't fix things, you can always go with the old standard - uninstall (both the regular and beta versions) and re-install. Before you do that copy the tripjax.dat file and then paste in back where you found it after you re-install.

Good Luck

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger BrainMc said...

Sorry about the junk kicking bubble play on my part. It was a bit donkish of me to call your push after I raised (I'm still undecided, cuz I thought you might have been pushing back a steal attempt, eh, I'm still not sure). You did the right thing but got the wrong result.

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

cmitch...you had me laughin' there brotha. thanks. i'll give that a try.

brain...like i said, i probably do the same thing. although, i've been trying to avoid A rag as often as possible just because i seem to always get knocked out when someone wakes up with a bigger Ace. My game has improved as a result for sure.

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

whooz ur daddy

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger oossuuu754 said...

KK = Ace Magnet. Could have been worse like AK vs AQ, turn a Q, and rivered a flush. Not that I would know about these things, just a hypothetical situation (LOL). Just take solace in the fact that you got your money in as the favorite and you cant control what happens after that.

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

so true oossuuu754

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger KajaPoker said...

Ace Rag and Club Flush Draws are gold on FTP. Plus I am partially at fault for giving BrainMC most of my chips earlier on. Sorry bro.

As for the HH - If you run PT you might have the feature of deleting after import turned on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home