Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Family Pot

I've been blogging about poker and other randomness for 3 years now. Each time I pull up Blogger to start a post, I amaze myself. I'm not amazed at my writing skeelz or other such nonsense - far from it in fact. Instead, I'm just amazed that I've stuck to my guns and not given up.

More times than I care to mention, I've pondered how to write my final post on these pages. For whatever reason, I've pushed those thoughts aside and instead worked on just writing what's in my head. More often than not, what spews out is tarded, but that's how I roll. No regrets.

On this journey I've learned a thing or two, which I think has helped me along the way. One of the most important things I've learned is that, though blogging is virtual, and allows people to be masked in a certain obscure persona, it is also very much real.

When poker bloggers win nice chunks of change, I get excited. When they reap the rewards of their hard work with deserving jobs, I am proud. Sometimes things happen that absolutely destroy me.

By that same token, at times we just plain piss each other off. We often don't agree about certain situations and aren't afraid to let it be known. Sometimes it is a valid point and other times we're just letting off steam. At times we make mistakes, but more often than not, a lesson is learned along the way.

All the above are emotions normally reserved for family and/or friends. For what it's worth, my list of family and friends has expanded beyond my expectations in the last 3 years. All because of a series of tubes, a silly game, and this here blog. Quite a family pot we have going.

That, my dear readers, is why I haven't quit blogging. And as gay as all of the above sounds, I know it is why many poker bloggers continue to get their blog on as well.

That and the ad revenue *cough*.



If I have one regret from the last few years, it's that I've sheltered myself in the world of poker blogs, when there really is a world of incredible writing out there. As I learn the ways of tekkmology, I'm starting to branch out and add RSS feeds of non poker blogs.

One blog that Raveen put me on, A Day In The Life Of An Ambulance Driver, has really had some quality stuff lately. I implore you to go read these two blog posts by Ambulance Driver. Truly incredible stuff.

On the lighter side, if you don't read What Would Tyler Durden Do?, then get your ass over there and add it to your list. This guy says all the things we want to say about celebrities, but he's funny. It's toilet humor to the Nth degree, but sometimes that's exactly what I need.

I'm looking for other truly stellar feeds that I should have on my list, so if you want to leave me a comment with things I should be reading, I would appreciate it.

Until next time, may the felt be with you.

posted by TripJax @ 1:20 PM,

7 Comments:

At 3:43 PM, Blogger KajaPoker said...

Great minds... I justed posted about being a blog addict. Funny. WWTDD is awesome.

If you ever decided you need help with CineJax let me know.

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

thanks dude...i just left you a comment on your blog...

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Trip, if you're interested you can check out the 4 or 5 links I have on my blogroll under non-poker blogs. Trust Me I'm a Blonde is great for the man in all of us, post-secret is one of the coolest fun sites to read I know of, and New York Hack and Overheard in New York are always good for a little perspective on New York, but I think would be enjoyable for anyone to read regularly as well.

I too find myself getting more and more into other blogs (or blog-like things like wwtdd, perezhilton.com, etc.). There's really a ton of great stuff out there.

 
At 12:38 AM, Blogger Pseudo_Doctor said...

lol mid way through this post I thought it was a last thanks for the memories type one and was like dam dont stop....

On another note another good blog I read is http://anonymouslawyer.blogspot.com/ about a funny ass lawyer

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger Chad C said...

Am I remembering correctly, do you live in Michigan? If so, I will be out there next weekend, know of any tournaments?

 
At 1:03 AM, Blogger TripJax said...

chad...i live in n.c.

sorry i can't help.

nice to see you can chat away from the virtual felt!

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Pokerwolf said...

Waiter Rant

It was a pleasure to meet you at the Bash last year, bro. Here's to many more fun times!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home