Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Mis-Click Click Click Boom! RESOLVED

*EDIT*

I don't know who the hell Zerbet is, cause his Blogger Profile link is not available, but he just left a comment that explains why the min-raise mis-click thing is happening. Thought I would post it to this blog post so everyone who reads this would know the deal. Thank you Zerbet, I appreciate you taking the time to let me know the deal. And thanks to jjok, kajapoker, chipper and doog for commenting as well. Here is the comment from Zerbet:

Since no one seems to have mentioned the "why" of this...The upgrade to the client that added resizeable windows also added a "highlight bet" feature that is SUPPOSED to be turned OFF by default, but many, many people are either finding it turned ON or turning it on without understanding how it works.Its function is to highlight the bet amount in the betting box (which, what a surprise, is automatically set to the minimum allowable bet) when the action gets to you.If you have it turned on and the action gets to you so the client "gets focus" in Windows, and you happen to hit the enter key before doing anything else... you've just made a minimum bet.Click Options on the main client page, then make sure "Highlight bet" is NOT selected; also launch a table and click layout and make sure it is turned off there, too.Then complain to FTP support, so they can insist it was off by default so it's your own damn fault, the bastids.

*END EDIT*

Mis-clicks are a part of online poker. Anyone who has played long enough can rattle off a story where they folded the nuts or pushed all-in with crap by accident when they were trying to fold. Though rare, I've had my mis-click nightmares. And more often than not, they were a P.I.C.N.I.C. (Problem.In.Chair.Not.In.Computer). In other words, I just made a stupid mistake, wasn't paying attention, or had too man programs running at once.

Lately, however, I've seen a disturbing trend at my favorite poker establishment, Full Tilt, and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone with the issue. Specifically, it seems with the recent software upgrade for resizable tables, an inordinate amount of mis-clicks are occurring. And this is no P.I.C.N.I.C. folks.

Though I've seen a couple of different things happen, the primary cause for concern is the auto min-raise bull shit. In a matter of days, I have had the following happen. I'm typing in the Full Tilt chat box and hit the enter button after I've finished typing. As I'm hitting the Enter key to send the chat, the action at the table gets to me and automatically puts out a min-raise if someone has already bet the hand.

Now this is not a big deal if the bet is 10 or 20 and it's early in a tournament, but sometimes these auto min-raises are rough. The other night smokkee ended up auto min-raising off most of his stack with a bet he had no intentions of making. Then only minutes later I auto min-raised a hand for probably a 1/3 of my stack when I was planning to fold to any action.

I've heard the chatter at the tables and seen it mentioned briefly here and there, but I wanted to make it official with this post. If you have had this situation come up recently, or seen it happen or discussed at a table you were playing at, please leave me a comment. If we can get enough comments explaining what is going on, I will then send the link to this post to Full Tilt's support for review.

On a side note, I've also seen more mis-click overbetting as well, but I think that might be more of a P.I.C.N.I.C. With re-sizing the tables smaller and possibly playing multi-tables (or having many programs going at once) it could be easy to mistype 1500 when you mean to type 150, as an example. But if you have had this come up and think it is a software issue, let me know.

Don't get me wrong, I love the new software and the ability to resize tables, but if there is a glitch in the system, I'd like to see it get resolved sooner than later. Mistakes happen, problems come up, but hopefully Full Tilt will get rollin' and figure out what the problem is.

*Title idea ganked from Jordan' s recent posts.

posted by TripJax @ 10:43 AM,

11 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Blogger jjok said...

UTG cmitch limps. I raise to 4X with ducks. Player reraises me big. I am chatting on yahoo. I get table focus and press the return key. I ended up minraising again.....committing over 80% of my stack

This has happened to me at least 3 times in the last week

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger KajaPoker said...

This happens to me almost every session at least once. I am to the point where I either don't chat or don't hit the enter key until I select my action. Not too bad in the long run since it makes me think an extra second about my moves but still pretty damn annoying. Funny thing is, this didn't happen in the beta version.

I like the PICNIC acronym. When I used to work tech support we called these people PEBCACs. Problem Exists Between Computer And Chair.

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Dave said...

All the more reason to dump Full Tilt and head back over to Poker Stars.

Somebody stop hosting all the blogger events on FTP!!!

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

Nah, I loves me some Full Tilt...just hope they fig that shit out.

Don't get me wrong, I dig Stars to, but I'm glad the blogger tourneys are at FT.

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Doog said...

All. The. Fricking. Time.

By the way, I would as which two-man programs are you running at once, but I'm not sure I'm ready for the answer...

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Since no one seems to have mentioned the "why" of this...

The upgrade to the client that added resizeable windows also added a "highlight bet" feature that is SUPPOSED to be turned OFF by default, but many, many people are either finding it turned ON or turning it on without understanding how it works.

Its function is to highlight the bet amount in the betting box (which, what a surprise, is automatically set to the minimum allowable bet) when the action gets to you.

If you have it turned on and the action gets to you so the client "gets focus" in Windows, and you happen to hit the enter key before doing anything else... you've just made a minimum bet.

Click Options on the main client page, then make sure "Highlight bet" is NOT selected; also launch a table and click layout and make sure it is turned off there, too.

Then complain to FTP support, so they can insist it was off by default so it's your own damn fault, the bastids.

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

I thought that title looked familiar...I have had the min raise problem too. Thanks, zerbet for the answer, and thanks Trip for publishing it for everyone to see.

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You're welcome.

My "blogger" profile is essentially non-existant; I only created it so I could post a guest shot or two once in a great while over on Adventures of the Pokersluts (and help them with an HTML repair sometimes too... chicks, whatyagonna do.)

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger Pseudo_Doctor said...

seriously I thought I was the only that had this problem....happened to me multiple times at 2/4nl (once I was involved in a big pot was going to fold the river cause the guy bet 200 and i was typing into the chat and it min raised me costing me 200$ on top of the money I had already lost in the pot). Needless to say after that I realized what highlight bet amount ment....

 
At 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey man,

I recently emailed FTP as well. I pissed and moaned to them that this was wrong that it's even included in the recent upgrade. It's almost as if they WANT ppl to make mistakes!! Why would they do such a thing?

It's cost me quite a few turbo SNG's. They didn't seem to care. They simply stated exactly what you have on ur "edit." And told me to simply turn it off. I think it's a crock but whatever...

Good luck at the table.

Consider this an official complaint to include what you send to FTP!!!!

-razor1224

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I did this during the Big Game last night twice.

Iak made me pay the price for chatting on IRC and playing at the same thing with re-raises.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home