Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Party Over Here

First things first...a HUGE HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my little LilJax who turns 2 today. She was quite the princess at her party yesterday. ChickJax worked her ask off to get ready for the festivities and everything went off without a hitch. I love it when a plan comes together.

Some plans, however, don't pan out. As an example, I was the first person to sign up for the Blogger Big Game when it was listed under the private tourneys. Unfortunately that did not translate to finishing first in the actual tournament. I lost a nice chunk of chips early on to my geighbor on my left when I limped with Ace decent kicker and the flop came down A T T. When it was all said and done, my aces were no match to waffles trip tens and he ended up with most of my chips.

My final two pertinent hands are the book ends of poker. Specifically, The Hammer and The Rockets. Down to about 900 in chips, and in the big blind, I wake up with the obvious monster, The Hammer (7-2 offsuit for those that don't know). It is raised in early position and it folds around to me. I make the clear move and push with my monster hand and Astin calls. He has 6 6 and I river a 7 to win the hand. As Astin put it, the best hand won.

Only a few hands later I wake up with A A and raise it up in early position. I think it was the small blind who called, but I can't remember who it was specifically. The flop comes down Q 8 X and I bet out. I am raised and I push my remaining chips. He has a set of 8's. Good game me.

Do I get any Battle Of The Blogger Tournaments points for outlasting Waffles?

I would like to mention that I was very impressed with the turn out for the Big Game last night. I think we broke 50 players in a $75 buy-in event. I hope that is a sign of the community beginning to step up its game and work towards growing the roll and the buy-ins.

The Battle Of The Blogger Tournaments continues tonight with the MATH (Mondays At The Hoy). Hope to see you all there...

posted by TripJax @ 10:04 AM,

5 Comments:

At 11:18 AM, Blogger jjok said...

adorable.....

Hey, who's the hot chick next to your daughter in that picture?

:)

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

It was fun kneecapping you but that was the only thing that went my way in that game. Very frustrating.

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday ChixJax Jr.!!!! And say hi to the hot ChixJax Sr. in the picture!!!

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Do I get any Battle Of The Blogger Tournaments points for outlasting Waffles?

No, but you should be slapped for giving Waffles some chips.

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

The hot piece next to the princess is what qualifies me as a poker blogger who definitely married up!

Oh yeah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home