Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



7 Thangs

Well I'm still knee dip in work shizzle, but so far so good. Monday night was the first night I was home at a relatively normal hour in over a week. Fifteen hour days suck, but oh well. It hurt missing the Mookie and the Big Game this past week, but there was nothing I could do.

If I do well in our audit, I get a heap of praise and can receive a bonus equivalent to approximately 20% of my current salary. If I don't do well, I get no bonus and a shit ton of disappointment thrust in my general direction.

"I'll take 20% bonus and a heapin' helpin' of praise for $200 Alex."



On Saturday I did manage to take a break from work long enough to enjoy some good time happy fun with my friends. My birthday was May 9th, but they were throwing me a belated birthday party since the timing didn't work around the 9th. It seems I'm not alone in thinking May is a kick ask month for birthdays and parties. I know I mentioned it on Al's blog already, but happy birthday Iggy.

They went all out for my party which was really cool. It was mexican themed and there was enough beer and liquor to kill a man. I haven't done tequila shots in years, but I managed to drop a few throughout the night. I also managed to drop my fair share of margaritas, which is a rarity for me. All in all it was a damn good night. I got to hang with the ladies AND beat the shit out of a flamboyant donkey. In that last pic I was doing my best samurai swordsman and just about knocked over the tiki torch. I r geenus.



It seems I've been tagged for the 7 things about me meme that is going around. I'm finally up to the task, though I fear my 7 things are pretty boring. I'm sure somewhere along the way I've snuck a few of these things into ye ole blog, but whatever...

7 Thangs About Me You Might Not Know

1) I can balance all kinds of shit on all kinds of places on my body. Sticks, tables, chairs, vacuums...you name it and I can probably balance it. I mainly balance stuff on my nose, unless it is too heavy, in which case I do it on my chin. It doesn't stop there, however, as I can also balance things on my forehead, elbows, feet, and knees. I know what you're thinking right now. No, I've never tried, but if I did, I probably could...with some help from ChickJax of course. Believe it or not, I've actually balanced a person on my chin. A very small, light person, but a person nonetheless.

2) I'm an extremely lazy person. I like to call it "laid back," but what it boils down to is laziness. I could sit on the couch ALL DAY, EVERY DAY and feel just fine about it. Luckily, or rather thankfully, I have a job and a kick ask family to keep me on my toes and keep me from being a fat bastard.

3) I am deathly afraid of heights. I have a problem even cleaning the gutters on my own house. I'm even afraid of heights for other people. Just looking at pictures like this make my palms sweaty. My palms get even more sweaty when we go to the circus each year and I see the trapeze artists. Damn those crazy ass asian trapeze artists have no fear! On a side note, anytime I play live poker with an erratic asian player, I call him or her Crazian.

4) Number two and three duly noted, it probably isn't much of a surprise that I'm not a thrill seeker. I don't need to jump out of a plane or climb a mountain to get high. An ice cold beer is much easier to drink on the couch.

5) For whatever reason, elderly black women always seem to think I'm hot. This would be kick ask if I was an elderly black man, but I'm not.

6) I've been hooked in the mouth just like a fish. When I was probably 6 or 7 our family was planning a day trip to go fishing. While my Dad was getting the car packed, I was playing in the yard and my brother was practicing his casting skills in the driveway. He didn't see me playing in the yard, or wasn't paying attention, and sent the hooked fishing wire sailing through the air. It went right over my head just as he yanked back on the fishing pole. The hook went straight in my mouth, hooked me square in the lip, and sent me to the ground. Our trip to the lake turned into a trip to the hospital. Still that's nothing compared to McMillan.

7) I once ended up in the hospital for a week and never found out what the problem was. The doctors originally thought I had appendicitis, but when that theory was debunked, they were at a loss. My friends contend that I was full of shit...otherwise known as seriously constipated, but I know better. I felt like I was absolutely dying the day I was put in the hospital, but to this day I have no idea what was wrong with me.

So there are my seven craptastic things. The following peeps should consider themselves tagged if they have not been already...

Ingoal
Kipper
PokerChamp
Windbreak247
Dbirider
Jestocost
InstantTragedy

Until next time, may the felt be with you.

posted by TripJax @ 3:15 AM,

8 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

I hear you balance balls on your chin.. can you confirm this?

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

"The tea bag balance?"

Oh no sir.

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger slb159 said...

Heights? Yeah, same here...even with the pics too. When I opened this up, I almost had a heart attack on the spot:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/architecture/skywalk.asp

 
At 2:33 AM, Blogger Chad C said...

I haven't heard the term teabag in 12 years!

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I've been tagged and bagged.

But no thank you sir.

I don't want another...

Heh!

IT

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger WindBreak247 said...

Thanks for the tag. I just read this today, but I had posted my 7 things yesterday!

I can't believe it. 5 whole bloggers know who I am!

Take it easy, man. Hope the work stuff goes well!!

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Jestocost said...

You realize by tagging me you have effectively killed this thing off?

Anyway, my seven things forthcoming.

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger TripJax said...

That was the plan!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home