Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Jah

I have some poker stuff I want to get out of my head, but for today I'm going to go in another direction. Unfortunately it's a not so good direction. Sorry to put my readers through this kind of stuff lately, but my family deserves notice here at times. Thanks for understanding.

Nearly 3 weeks ago we had to put our beloved dog, Kaiser, to sleep. It was a very rough thing for the whole family. On Saturday we had to put our cat, Jah, to sleep as well. I had mentioned here in the past that she had a tumor on her throat, but had toughed it out for a while. Over the last couple of weeks, however, things really went downhill.

In essence, she was suffocating with the tumor taking over her airway. She had stopped eating, barely ever drank water and was losing weight every single day. We could no longer sit back and watch her suffer the way she was. I know we did the right thing, but that doesn't make it easy. ChickJax is taking it pretty hard. She's had Jah longer than I've even known her. She got her a few years before we were even dating. So I can understand why she's taking it so hard.

Jah, you'll be missed little kitty.

posted by TripJax @ 9:36 PM,

6 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Blogger slb159 said...

Man, you and the family have had a rough go at it lately as far as pets are concerned.

Been allergic to cats for as long as I can rememeber, but I still think they're cool.

My Dad's cat, "Missy" will sit on her hind-quartes and "box" with you if you hold your hand up. Of course she knows it's just play, and she's mostly trained not to use her claws. It's a spectacle.

Hang in there and I wish you well.

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Shelly said...

So sorry for your loss :(

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Joe (aka Unimpressed) said...

I know what you're going through. Had a family cat that became mine when everyone seemed to move. Had the cat for a few years and she suddenly had some heart troubles. The worst it got really bad for about two weeks while were were out of town. She just hid under the bed and didn't really eat (we had/have 2 other cats at the time so it was difficult for our catsitter to tell that one cat wasn't eating).

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Man thats really tough losing two pets in such a short time.Hope the Mrs is ok mate.

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Jestocost said...

That's a bad run for sure. I had to take our dog in last summer and the cat the year before that. I feel for you, man.

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm really sorry but it really is a beautiful thing to do for a pet. I hope you can welcome more into your home someday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home