Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



The Mookie Missed

I didn't play one single hand in The Mookie last night. I still managed to finish in 59th place (my favorite number by the way) out of a total - and unbelievable I might add - 112 players.

I flew to New Jersey Tuesday night for a job interview within my company on Wednesday morning and fully expected to be home way, way in time for the tournament start. My flight was at 3pm so I should have been back home by 5pm. When I got to the airport the 3pm flight was cancelled, so they put me on the 5pm flight. With nothing better to do, I started drinking heavily and then found out the 5pm flight was cancelled.

The drinks continued to flow around the time I realized I could use my Blackberry to keep up with my flight status instead of walking through the terminal constantly. The 8pm flight didn't get cancelled, but we didn't start boarding until after 9:30pm. I ended up getting home around 11:45pm, just in time to see I had blinded out. The all day beer drinking was fun though, even though I was by myself. Always interesting to people watch in a busy, busy airport.

Here's an interesting thought about the tournament last night. Had we still been on the 50% of players receive points system, I would have been close to receiving points having not played one single hand. That right there tells me that the 25% point system makes more sense. I'm bummed I didn't get a chance to make some scratch last night, but I'm cool with it as well. I'll get my chance at the Riverchasers tonight. Wanna join me? Just check out my previous post or this graphic for details.

Also, go check out the updated BBTwo points. I'm still top 10 in points and 2nd in money earnings. Not too shabby! On a side note, congrats to the wee one for an impressive win last night. I haven't checked, but I'm guessing the reason he won is he stole a few key dead blinds from me at a crucial point. Yeah, erm, that's it.

Sorry for the previous paid post. I always feel a little dirty doing those things, but I can use the extra scratch here and there.

Until next time, may the felt be with you.

posted by TripJax @ 6:18 PM,

4 Comments:

At 5:51 PM, Blogger KajaPoker said...

Where can I read about the new points system/formula?

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

Does this mean you're moving to the tri-state area? Does this, in turn, mean you'll be a regular at Wall Street Poker?!?

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger TripJax said...

Jamie,
Not so said the TripJax. This interview is for a position within the current area I am in (Greensboro, Charlotte, Raleigh, etc...).

I'll still try and make my way to the WSG as often as possible though!!!

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Joe (aka Unimpressed) said...

59? What is that, 69 by yourself?

OH MY! The word verification I have to put in... hfuckqm
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home