Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Nipple Alert!

I've had my share of ups and downs as a sports fan. As a North Carolina resident and Tarheels fan my entire life, I've had some really great memories. When it comes to basketball, I remember the 1957 UNC mens basketball championship like it was last week. Wait, I'm only 32...strike that.

The 1982 championship was incredible, but I was only 7 so I don't really remember much of the experience. I have, however, grown up with the video highlights from the game for memories sake. The 1993 and 2005 championships are ones I will never forget. Good times.

As for pro football, I grew up a Dallas Cowboys fan. I'm still a fan, but my heart now lies with the Carolina Panthers. It's a shame they came so close to winning a Super Bowl, only to have the lasting memory from that game be a nipple. I have a feeling this year we are looking at one of the "downs as a sports fan." With Delhomme out it will be interesting to see if Carr and his gay ass white gloves can drive the Panthers to the playoffs. Early indications are not promising.

Of course, with college football, I'm a UNC fan, which for the most part has been a downer as a sports fan. We've had our exciting moments, but they are few and far between. I have high hopes for the future with the recruiting machine, Butch Davis, in charge.

As for baseball, I bleed Cubs blue, which brings me to the purpose of this post. Tonight at 10pm EST the Cubs embark on a journey that I hope leads them to the World Series. The end of the 2003 season was a particularly tough pill to swallow and I believe this year is a chance at redemption. When the Cubs are running hot, they are unbeatable. Here's to hoping they run hot!

If you have no allegiance to a particular team, or if your team is not in the playoffs, then send your good mojo the Chicago Cubs way. At the very least, stop over to TBS tonight and yell, Go Cubs Go. This here fan would greatly appreciate it.

I doubt I'll make The Mookie tonight as I'm taking ChickJax out to dinner sans chitterlings, then watching the Cubs game. Gotta keep my focus folks!

Until next time, may the felt be with you.

posted by TripJax @ 1:25 PM,

8 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger lightning36 said...

Let's hope the Cubs have a lot of good mojo. I think they'll dispose of Arizona, then have a heck of a time getting past the Phillies.

Gotta do some house re-arranging to play the Mookie AND watch the Cubbies. Go Carlos!

 
At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since you are Cubs fan like me, you are bound to like this ...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-393339972846086159&hl=en

It's the opening montage done by Vin Scully for the 1989 NLCS.

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Boo Cubs! F everyone but the Phillies.

Here's hoping Steve Bartman is sitting front row somewhere at all these games.

Seriously***, good luck.







*** Not really seriously

 
At 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Cubs!

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger bayne_s said...

GL to Cubs.

You now know a dirty secret of my game Trip, I can't fold OE straight flush draws even when odds dictate I should fold

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Matt said...

Seems kind of silly of me to be rooting for a team that's already won a championship within the first 10 years of their existence vs. a team that hasn't won in over 100 years.

With that said, gotta go with my hometown team. Probably the worst No. 1 seed in the NL Playoffs ever, but they somehow keep winning. I see it continuing.

Go D-Backs!

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger iamhoff said...

After watching my Padres implode, I just can't bring myself to root for either the D'Backs or the Rockies. And since the BoSox broke the curse, the Cubbies are the logical choice in the NL. Being a SoCal guy and a former resident of the OC, I will be rooting for the (geighest named) Los Angeles Angels (still) of Anaheim.

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger ashmc2 said...

Yo Jax. Get out of my mind. I grew-up until my late teens in NC also. (Wake Co. to be exact.) NC has also been my lifelong basketball team. I was also 7 when we beat Ewing’s Georgetown that year. I have long since moved to Michigan, but I still have a mini-ball and unopened coke bottle commemorating that season. (I wonder what a 25 year old pop would taste like?)Pretty weird. Oh yea, my in-laws up here wanted to kill me while we played the Fab-5 in the finals back in the ‘90’s. We still agrue to this day about who would have won if C-Web wouldn’t have called that timeout. They always seem to forget that we were already up at that point. I made a lot of money on that game as I recall. And I luckily didn’t get my ass kicked while dancing around flaunting their money and gloating.

Later, Ash out…

 

Post a Comment

<< Home