Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Pointless Post

It's probably been easy to see that my posts here of late have been few and far between. The blog is not dying off, but I've needed a break from poker and this space is one of the casualties of that break. Sometimes when I take a break from playing I'm still able to write here, but this is not one of those times.

It seems I slowly but surely fell into a trap I set for myself over the years. I enjoy playing poker and I like that I can make money doing something that I enjoy. I also like that I can help the family once in a while with the proceeds from my winnings or the ad dollars. But that is also where I have hurt my game as well. I've cashed out so much over the years that I've never given myself a chance to build a bankroll. Instead I've forced myself into a seemingly never-ending trap of low buy-in tourneys and sng's. All the while, I feel my game should have progressed by now. It's stupid because I know it, I put myself through it, but I still let it affect me.

That is what sparked the higher buy-in tard fest I went on the last couple of months. I didn't have much of a bankroll, so I wasn't going to lose any sleep if I lost it all, but it is still stupid to play so unbelievably way over your bankroll. Yet, I knowingly did it because I wanted to put myself at a new level that I felt I could handle in all areas except the bankroll. That's just tarded, but it is what it is.

I feel I played well, but in the end I lost about half of what I had built up. Then when I went back down to the level my bankroll could handle, it just felt pointless. That caused even more "awwffuckkits." Thus the break.

I'm trying to put myself into a fresh percpective and I know it will come soon. I haven't played The Hoy in at least 5 or 6 weeks, but I'm starting to get a feeling like it might be time tonight. That or I might just wait until the PokerStars freeroll coming up (still gotta put up the qualifying post). I guess I'll see how things feel tonight. I promise I'll be back at the tables soon - thus writing more here - but I just gotta get my head straight first.

Maybe a laid back home game would be just what the doctor ordered. Gotta work on that.

Oh and the Cubs series was quite painful to experience. I had to get that previous post from the top of the blog so I guess this post wasn't completely pointless. Nah, it was.

Catch you faulkers soon.

Until next time, may the felt be with you.

posted by TripJax @ 3:07 PM,

2 Comments:

At 7:36 PM, Blogger Wolverine Fan said...

Hey Trip,
Join the PokerStars Blogger World Championship at 3PM Sunday and stay around for the Brittbloggerment at 4PM. That should get you feeling better about poker. A mere $5.50 for two fun games.

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger iamhoff said...

Whatever works for ya, bro. And I was pulling for your Cubbies because somehow my Padres choked their way out of the playoffs. Talk about painful to watch...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home