Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Overheard In The Office

As promised I ended up playing The Hoy last night. I flamed out when down to the final 3 tables by CALLING an all-in by cmitch with 33. I was short on chips with only 10 BB's left and cmitch was in similar shape. This is not a play I will make often, but I was in serious double-up or die trying mode, so I went with it. I know the best I could hope for was a race, but I was willing at that point take that risk. He ended up having 77 and my suck out skills are a tad rusty, thus only minutes later I was in pillow heaven. Not a terrible place to be when you really need the sleep.

How about that? A full paragraph about poker!

This just in...I went by cmitch's blog and see that he ended up winning the damn tourney last night and a TOC seat. Guess the hand I mentioned above was the spring board for his winning it all. That means he has me and only me to thank for winning the tourney. Without my tarded all-in call, he would have flamed out only minutes later. Yeah, that's it.



The following are things overheard at work recently:

"Let me know if I can help you any less."
~ A dude to his assistant.

After I heard this one I turned around prepared to join in the laughter, but I soon realized the dude was serious. Or to be more precise, he is an idiot and didn't realize what he said. After he walked away I looked at the assistant and she rolled her eyes in disgust. I said, "did he mean help you with anything else?" She confirmed my suspicions with, "no he's just an idiot."

"We have a sizeable size of these products."
~ Speaker in sales meeting.

Okay, so those were pretty lame...sorry. Still I might try and make this a regular spot on the blog as people say the retardedest things. Like saying retardedest.

Until next time, may the felt be with you.

posted by TripJax @ 11:41 AM,

3 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Blogger Littleacornman said...

I like the second one! My boss reckoned the new workstream we have been allocated would "take off like a lighthouse"....

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger lightning36 said...

Wow - going in with 3-3 is "grab your ankles" time. Hands like that only seem to hold when you have an enormous chip lead and are up against an all in by a shortie.

 
At 2:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting post, thanks for keeping us updated on your poker follies... at least your hand was a springboard for something. Best of luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home