Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



What The WTF?

I made it back alive from Biloxi, though I was a zombie Monday and Tuesday. Thankfully I took Monday off for recovery. I have a trip report pending - it's all festering up in my head - but I have too much going on at work to put pen to paper (or keystrokes to keypad I guess it should be).

In the meantime, I have to drop this quickie post. It's amazing the mentality change that occurs when you go from life as usual, toss yourself into Vegasesque life for a short period of time, then push yourself right back into the everyday routine. I offer an example.

On Friday I played a $200 tournament and a shit ton of cash games - primarily $2/$5 NL. On Saturday I mainly played table games with an average bet size between $10 & $25. Yesterday I went to the grocery store and almost made the bagger go check a price when the drink I was purchasing rang up $4.19, but the tag said $3.99.

What the WTF am I thinking? One day I'm betting significant amounts of money on the turn of a card or the toss of dice and the next I'm Mr. Anuswad over $.20. I know that things like that basically come down to principal - they listed it as $3.99 so I should be charged $3.99 - but sometimes you just gotta put things in perspective. Did I really need to waste every ones time for $.20? I decided no and moved on, but I got a quick chuckle out of it as I was standing in the line. I had to remind myself to occasionally lighten up. I felt much better for it.

Before I get a ton (read: 2) of comments about it being WTF instead of What The WTF...I know. I personally hate when acronyms are misused - just read this old post of mine and you'll see - so I've decided to just screw them up as often as possible going forward. This is one of my personal favorites to screw up and now most of my friends are saying it. I get a kick out of hearing it that way. What The WTF? What The What The Fuck???

Until next time, may the felt be with you .

posted by TripJax @ 1:35 PM,

3 Comments:

At 3:20 PM, Blogger KajaPoker said...

I like CTI Integration.
I like TSA Administration.
I am a geek.

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger lightning36 said...

Trip3Jax?

 
At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fuckin' hilllllllllllarious dude!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home