Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



BoDonkey Win

After my 3rd place finish in The Hoy on Monday, I decided to keep at it by playing in The Skillz series as well as the BoDonkey. I'm not sure why I even try The Skillz game at this point as I'm just not ready to handle those games. I used to read about them, but rarely play them, so right now I'm just a donator. At times it is embaressing as I know I'm making fundamental errors, but I'm just not ready to put it all into place.

The bottom line is I need to spend more time reading and studying the other games before I jump into these things. On the flip side, it's only $12 to get some actual tourney practice so I'm not going to sweat it. I guess that is fair warning, however, that if you see me flame out or suck out in these things, now you'll know why. Hell half the time I depend on my wingman GCox to remind me that the game has changed when we're playing HORSE or HOSE.

As for The BoDonkey, I ended up taking that biatch down. I honestly don't recall any huge suckouts on the night. Granted I do remember running well, but most of the time I think I was catching the right card(s) in the right situation. I lead a good portion of the night, just like in The Hoy on Monday, but the hand I remember that boosted me, and subsequently deflated Smokkee, happened on the bubble. It was - as Hoy would dub it - the classic set up hand.

We're on the bubble with 6 players remaining and only 5 getting paid. I wake up with AA and Smokkee raises. I feel like he's got AK and is willing to run with it so I push. I think his raise was in the 6k range and I want to say I had about 20k behind. Any raise at this point commits me so I just push knowing if he's got a decent hand he's probably coming along for the ride. He instacalls with KK and an Ace on the flop seals the deal for me and leaves him on the bubble. That hand was THE hand that put me in a position to win the tourney.

It's interestng that, while in the chiplead at the final break (prior to the hand I just mentioned above), I almost had to drop out of the tourney. I think I had close to 20k at that point and when the break started I went to check on my wife who has not been feeling well lately. She was already in bed, but I could tell she wasn't doing well. I stayed with her for about 10 minutes before she went back to sleep. I was ready to stay with her to make sure she would be okay, but once she was asleep I didn't feel bad about going back to the tourney. When I got back I was still in the lead, but had lost some ground due to blinds and antes.

The final table was a good one and I didn't lead until that hand against Smokkee, so I know it took some timely action to vault me back into the lead. Poker is so much more fun when you have the most chips. As for the win, I'm happy to finally add the BoDonkey to my list of blogger tourney wins. Now the one that I've come close at before, but still eludes me, is The Hoy. His new format is built for my style of poker, so I'm optimistic I'll take that one down in 2008.

Until next time, may the felt be with you .

posted by TripJax @ 9:31 AM,

8 Comments:

At 11:05 AM, Blogger Riggstad said...

nice take down bro

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Lucypher said...

Congrats, TJ!

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nice work, TJ. I was not surprised to see you had won it.

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Ingoal said...

Congrats on the W!

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger David Westbay said...

Nice job! Sorry I couldn't be there to play too. Damned Texas weather.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger PokahDave said...

Nice gamin' sir!

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger jamyhawk said...

Great job! You run goot!

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger mookie99 said...

Congrats!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home