Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



"Das One Cold Mofo"

"Das One Cold Mofo"

On Halloween night wifeys father came over to the house to take pictures of the kiddies in their outfits. He's a strange bird to say the least. Not long after he came in the door he told me he had seen one of my friends recently. A few months back I had told him if he ever had any trouble with his computer to go see a buddy of mine who works for the Geek Squad. Well he had problems and went to see him last week.

This friend is mainly a poker buddy I play with on occasion so it's not like I see him every week. When my Father-In-Law (FIL) finally found the guy at BestBuy and introduced himself as Jason's FIL, my buddy ended up catching him off guard. After the introduction my buddy looked around to make sure no one else was near them in the store and then rattled off, "Yeah Das one cold motherfucker." Confused, but very interested, my FIL asked what he meant. He told my FIL that we play poker together and that I'm as cold as ice with no regard.

As my FIL is telling me this story I'm just laughing as I think back to why my buddy said all this. Historically, when I play with these guys, I switch it up quite a bit and keep them guessing on my game. Some nights I'm real tight and others real loose, but almost always very agressive when I'm in a pot. In the last game I played with this guy I built a large chipstack very early and just crushed them with huge bets. At least twice I dropped the hammer on them and showed it down. Both times this guy folded better hands. I ended up taking out every single player at the table that night and really left my mark. It was a good time.

As for my FIL, he had no idea I played poker until that moment, but rather than have concern with his daughters husband playing poker, he wanted to know why I had never invited him to a game. Dohl! I told him I rarely played a game at my own house and usually was invited to a game at the last minute. He said I need to start inviting him cause, "I was quite the player in college." Erm, o.k. PaPa, bring it on. I have no problem taking PaPa's money.

Well, this is gonna have to be a short post today folks. I'm leaving work early today to do some community service so I'm short on time. I know what you're thinking...that degenerate gambling fool went and got arrested for something and now is serving his time. Not so dear readers. I'm actually doing this one on my own time and looking forward to it. Until next time, I may not be able to post until next week as I've got a lot going on this weekend. I do plan, however, to be in the US vs. UK SNG event where ever it ends up being...

**Addendum**

I just got an email from a buddy with this article regarding the new and ever growing Google Library. I typed in "Poker" in the search engine and found a ton of content in case you are looking for some free reading that might otherwise not be available. Could be cool and will definitely cause a stir with copyright this and you stole that. Good luck with all that Google.

posted by TripJax @ 6:02 PM,

1 Comments:

At 6:21 AM, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Trip I'm not having much luck getting this tourney going.Stuck $50 in Pokerstars but they now say I need to be a premium player to be able to set up a private sng.

Any ideas?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home