Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Granny Knows Best

Granny Knows Best

T'was a nice weekend in TripJaxville. The Halloween party I went to on Saturday night was awesome and I had a great time. If you read my previous post you know I was flip flopping on what costume to wear. I ended up going with Granny and I'm very glad I did. Everyone thought it was a trip and it was a fun time being in character. I rarely strayed from acting like Granny and it made for an interesting night. We even went out to the bars afterwards and people were trippin' on our digs. One of my buddies went as SpeedRacer and the other went as Agent Orange. As a group, we were the strangest mix of characters. I had balloon boobies that were hanging way too low and I believe I got more action from people feeling me up than I've had all my life, particularly from the ladies. Who knew the ladies of the night would be down with Granny's boobies?

On Friday night I had been whoring it up at BoDog when I decided to check out the MTT's on Ultimate bet. I had deposited $30 there for the HUC2 which, for me, ended abruptly 1 hour after the deposit. That left about $20 in my account that I totally forgot about until Friday. I logged on at 10:57pm and noticed a $5.50 with nearly 1000 of my dearest friends registered and ready to rock. I plopped the money on the virtual felt and said, "let's light this candle dealer."

Early on I had numerous instances where I had the best of it all the way to the river, but inevitable got owned. Somehow, however, I managed to not lose all my chips by not overplaying my hands. With nearly 700 people still in play I was down to the felt with only about 250 left. I managed to triple up to stay in it and ended up going on a rush to put me at around 8000 in chips with about 300 people left. 1st place paid over $1000 and the top 100 placed in the money. As I was playing I received a hearty hello in the chatbox from DNasty who was playing in the same tourney. I hadn't even noticed, but was happy to see a friend playing. He was actually doing better than me with around 10,000+ in chips.

DNasty and I both made it into the money which was nice. D took some tough hands in the end and I think finished in 60th place. I was able to get down to the final 3 tables and finished, I believe, in 27th place. It was good for more than quadrupling my buy-in and pushing my bankroll near $50. It was nice to actually play well in an MTT as I've had some tough times with them lately. I never felt like I was in command of any table I was at, but I consistantly stayed with the pace in order to maintain my chips. I can't even remember the hand that took me out, but I was happy with my finish. A little more luck with the cards hitting the board and I'll be getting to that final table.

Unfortunately, I lost a buy-in at BoDog and then donked off $10 in a Heads-Up match at UB last night so I pretty much broke even for the weekend. However, I did clear a good bit of my bonus remaining at BoDog so I should be able to clear it by the weekend. I just can't afford to donk my buy-ins away like I did. Tough losing set over set I must say.

Well that will do it for me today. I've been making some very minor changes to the blog just as house cleaning. Primarily colors of text, borders and backgrounds. Nothing that will really be noticeable unless you are me. And last time I checked, you aren't...that'd be interesting.

To LittleAcornMan, I'm sorry I missed your Royal Vegas gig on Sunday. I'll definitely make it up to you in the near future. I want to be able to deposit some real dough and take advantage of VPP's offer as well as help Jordan out with the referral. Unfortunately, until I get clear the BoDog bonus or hit the lottery, I'll have to bide my time.

To GCox, I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I never have good words to say in these moments. I'll just leave it at that really, really sucks. I think your write up was perfect to portray your feelings.

Finally, check out DuggleBogey's new header. I dig it. It's pretty wicked with the gun and all.

posted by TripJax @ 7:18 PM,

2 Comments:

At 7:25 AM, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Hey no probs Trip.Catch you at the tables soon.

 
At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If your signing up for a account on empire poker then you will need a bonus code check out empire poker bonus code

 

Post a Comment

<< Home