Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Damn It Was A Good Day

Damn It Was A Good Day

After all the hullabaloo that has happened lately, it was nice to have a good day. When I got home yesterday I noticed an email from FullTilt noting I had a referral come through and $65 was waiting for me. I have no idea who signed up through me so if it was a reader/brogger, I thank you. Free money is a good thing.

Then, after a little yard work and some grub, I hunkered down on the couch at 7:25 to get ready for the Poker Savvy free roll on Titan set to start at 7:30. Doh! I must have mixed up the times as it didn't start till 8:30 EST. That's plenty of time for a heads-up match. My opponent ends up being a push monkey who went all-in 6 of the first 10 hands when the blinds were 5-10. I pick up 9-9 on the 11th hand and insta-call when he pushes again. He has A-4 and goes down in flames. Nice.

I decide rather than play some more I'll hang with the kiddies till the free roll starts.

8:30 quickly rolls around and we're off. 47 punters and 15 get paid so chances of at least some payday are looking good. That is until I get QQ and get into a hand against BrainMC. I aggressively bet a King high flop to which he calls. Uh Oh. He throws out a strong turn bet and I meekly fold leaving me with about 1000. I donked that down to about 500 before going on a serious rush to take the chip lead. My hand with a set of 3's against Garthmeister was the beginning of the rush for me.

I then overplayed a medium pocket pair and ran into Blood's KK to drop me back down a bit, only to chip back up when someone gifted me their chips over playing a weak Ace to my Ace Queen. That again put me on a rush. Once we got into the money I woke up with KK on Blood's big blind and decided to limp one of the button and see if I could get a raise. I got my wish when Blood put a strong raise out and then called my all-in. This time the rolls were reversed and my KK did the damage. At that point I was over 12k and a contender. I wanted to ramp up my aggression, but I was getting horrible cards. I was biding my time which ended up working well as players continued to get knocked out.

Before I knew it we were down to three and I was guaranteed at least $150, with $250 still within grasp. I ended up getting it all-in against GunsAndPoker with my A9 against his K4 and he hit a 4 on the turn and river to for trip 4's to knock me out. The heads-up match lasted longer than I was able to stay, so I'm not sure who won it, but whoever did, congrats.

So all in all I made nearly $225 yesterday between winnings and the referral bonus. Not a bad boost to the ole bankroll. As DrewsPop noted in an IM chat after the tourney, "Now you're out of the awwfukkits at Titan." He's right. I now have a decent amount there. Guess it is time to hit the Rio's again. Awwfukkit.


I must end this post, but first I want to give congrats to GCox on a nice finish in a large field MTT and a thank you to Matt at Poker Savvy for putting on a great free roll. I hope it is the first of many.

posted by TripJax @ 10:06 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home