Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Flight Of One Crazy Ass Asian Mofo or "Everyone Completes The Questions..."

Flight Of One Crazy Ass Asian Mofo or "Everyone Completes The Questions..."

I couldn't decide which title I liked best, so I went with them both. More on that later.

Not sure where this post is headed, but lets get started shall we? I haven't pimped the upcoming DADI 6 recently so here it is. To keep things fresh we've switched it up this month to Pot Limit Hold'em. Details are in the picture to the left.

When we decided on the date, we didn't realize we were scheduling it on Memorial Day (night), so hopefully that won't be much of a problem for you all.

I figure most people will be in detox mode at that point and ready to just slump next to the computer and use a stick to click the keys, thus not expending too much energy. Or is that just me? No matter what, we hope to see you there.



If you haven't yet, please make sure to go visit Cmitch over at
O-Poker and congratulate him on winning a seat to the WSOP Main Event through Full Tilt Poker. Cmitch is clearly a hawesome player and I can't wait to keep up with his action at the main event this year. If he plays the main event the way he played the satellite, without fear, I have a feeling he will soar. Good luck to you, Sir.

Next up in the congratulatory line is
hoyazo, who is absolutely burning it up these days. Last night he WON the 40k on Party for a cool $10k. I implore you to head on over to his blog and give him a virtual pat on the butt.



He's late on the scene, but thankfully
Iakiris was gracious enough to plop his answers to my questions down in a blogtastic post. It is so out there I just had to give it props here. He and Pauly win the award for most original answers me thinks, though I've enjoyed everyone's take.

Please go check it out
here, but let me just throw out a few of my favorite lines below. I believe I laughed out loud at least 7 times while reading the post. That's good stuff.

12. What satisfies you more, your aces holding up for a big pot or a bluff working for a big pot
Strange as it sounds, I refuse to play Aces. I used to play them all the time, with varying degrees of success, but then I started reading poker blogs and have since become convinced that they are biblically cursed to a fate worse than cracking. However, waste not want not, and in that spirit I invented The Iak (pronounced Ike) which is to muck your Aces face up, while smiling and noting, "Don't need 'em...". Can't overstate how badly this really fucks people's shit up. The chatbox is reeling for a good 5 hands after it happens. Yes, on its face the move itself seems -EV, but I would refer you to the Hoy as another example of a truly can't lose mindfuck. What hand, after all would you put someone on who reraises you your whole stack, if the same villain is willing to muck AA? What hand indeed, my friends, what hand indeed...I take a similar tack with bluffing and announce to the table, "I am going to reraise on a bluff for villain's entire stack". Those exact words, every single time I bluff. If you thought villain was having a rough time speaking my language before, a couple rounds of this kind of rope-a-dope and he's crying for mommeee.Yeah, it usually costs me a couple of buy-ins to really pull these off, but its all about Table image baby. Table Image.

11. Who was your first poker blog read?

Tao of Poker - and on that note, has anyone noticed that the website and the book are radically different? One's full of whores, pimps, drugs and violence - often all on the same page. Now that's how you teach someone poker! The other is a square-shaped book [see above for further clarification] written by a guy we need to get laid. Seriously. It's the right thing to do. Before he tells us how 'her' breasts felt like sandbags.

17. If you had to pin it down to one specific trait, what does a great poker player have (or do) that separates them from an average player?

Great question. The one uniform trait I see, and I mean speaking top to bottom of the world's very best is that they (to paraphrase Cliff Clavin) are not me. Nor are any of them in my kitchen. Who says Final Jeopardy is hard?

And last but not least, his thoughts on my requesting he answer the questions.

Alright, per specific personal request from
JJJ himself*.

*He was drunk, naturally - quite a mean drunk too most would agree - and was threateningly waving a machete of some foreign make. I asked as to my offense, and he replied, "Once more into the breach, dear friend..." To which I replied, "My mistress' eyes are nothing like the sun..." Well he cut off my left nut right there with one swell foop. And as I lay dying, through the sound and fury I heard him whisper, "Everyone completes the Questions..." before he stole away into the murderous dark. Yes it happened just like that, shortly after last week's Mookie.


All I can say is that is one crazy ass asian mofo. Good stuff.


If you get a chance, go answer Klopzi's questions he posed recently in this post. I started to answer them, but realized I'm not going to be much help. Due to the fact that I have typically cashed out my winnings for vacations and other goals I set for myself, I haven't had a chance to really move up in limits per say. As I'm building the roll each year I start to go up, but I end up putting myself back into a hole when I cash out. Great for paying off vacation, bad for becoming a better playah.

I know this is a serious weakness in my game I need to fix if I'm ever going to grow as a poker playah.

Next week I'll be dropping a new Blogger Spotlight on the scene so look for that one probably Monday.


Follow-Up Thoughts From My Previous Post:

I really liked my title. Glad you guys noticed.

Big Ups To These Fine Folks Who Left A Comment In the Last Post:

pokerpeaker
bloodyp
iamhoff
smokkee
jordan
brettjungblut
pokerenthusiast
csquard
mookie
iakiris


posted by TripJax @ 1:09 PM,

1 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, Blogger Klopzi said...

Hey trip -

Thanks for trying to ship some traffic my way.

Three sets of answers so far - once I get a few more, I may actually have this "poker" thing all figured out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home