Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Full Tilt Turbo SNG Challenge

Short post today as I continue on a strugglefest. The stomach flu I had last week and into the weekend has somehow morphed into a head cold. Being the poker trooper I am, however, I still took my chances in the BBTwo last night at The Hoy. Midway through the first hour I was bluffed off a 5k pot that would have put me near 10k and definitely near the top of the pack. I played the hand terribly after the flop and got what I deserved. My opponent was kind enough to show me his AK on a Q high board when I was holding a Q (and an open ended straight draw that didn't pan out).

I almost let that missed chance effect my play, but I moved on rather quickly instead. Unfortunately my chips kept falling and with the blinds raising so quickly I knew I had to get to work. I eventually tried to poach chips from Blinders which, in hindsight, was a pretty bad idea. He's a tightbox so that play either works like a charm or looks horrid. This time it looked horrid. I wanted to believe he was opening up his game due to the short-handed turbo format, and that I could take some chips from him by coming over the top, but my theory put me to the rail.

I'm not very impressed with my play in the BBTwo of late, so I'm hoping I can get my shit together soon.



Needing some relief from the MTT's of late, I've decided to rekindle my love for a good ole poker challenge. I was looking back on an old post, Prepare To Clarify, which detailed my old 6-Max SNG Challenge, and it got me craving more. This time around I've decided to change things up from my original challenge. I've reconstructed the graph to fit the 9 player, one table turbo SNG's on Full Tilt.

The challenge is pretty simple. You start with a set amount in your roll and build it or bust it. I've published the simple chart here. The yellow section is what I'll be focusing on, 'cause if I get to that point I'll probably stop. The section in green is the current level I'm on. I'm up to $169 from my starting stack of $144 (I skipped level one). I've been multi-tabling 4 or 5 tables at a time and have currently played 26 sng's so far.

I'm in the money nearly 44% of the time so far, but I've already found a leak in my game. I know that is a tiny sample size, but I can already tell a weakness I need to work on. It seems once I make it into the money, I open up my game way too much and have paid dearly for it with more 3rds than 1st or 2nds. I've been getting trigger happy with the raise button in situations that I don't need to. For instance when I'm in 1st or 2nd in chips and end up overplaying a hand against the other big stack, while the 3rd player doesn't have many chips left but still coasts into a 2nd place finish due to my poor play. Something to work on.

I will be updating the graph with more detail and implementing some form of a stop loss such that, once I break through a level, I give myself an out to avoid putting myself at $0 and losing all my gain. Everything is still coming together, but once I have more detail I will post about it. To help me along the way, I went ahead and purchased Tourney Manager, which is really just a nice SNG Tracker. I used up my trial version and decided it was worth it to help me during my sng play.

Until next time, may the felt be with you.

posted by TripJax @ 11:34 AM,

1 Comments:

At 6:24 PM, Blogger iamhoff said...

Hope you're feelin' better, man. GL on the Challenge.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home