Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Gigli Be Me

I played in Smokkee's BoDonkey tournament last night knowing I shouldn't have and ended up busting Gigli, 20th out of 20. I knew from the get go I shouldn't be playing, but I did anyway. That's not why I finished 20th mind you. I've decided to never try and make excuses for my terrible finishes because if I do that, I better take a look at my great finishes and find excuses for my deep runs as well.

I'm trying to play in as many BBTwo events and that makes playing Tuesday difficult with 4 straight days of poker. Add the Big Game to the mix this week and that's a lot of poker to be playing for a husband and father. I was playing admittedly tarded early on raising pots I had no business in - especially with the baby blind levels we were at - but I was really just trying to induce some action to either get things going early or get the hell out of dodge.

Around the 2nd level LilJax, who is 2 years old, came over with a stack of books for me to read to her. Suddenly I was playing poker and reading children's books. Around the 3rd book I wake up with a set of bunny rabbits...no wait...I wake up with a set of 8's...oops. Unfortunately, the board was very ugly with straight and flush possibilities. By the river I was staring at a possible 4 card straight on the board and knew that I was making a call I would lose with, but the moment I got those set of 8's, I was going to the felt with them. I figured I could double-up or be done. I was actually relieved when I lost and was able to focus on LilJax. Plus, the player who beat me was the player I knocked out with my straight flush the night before, so at least they got some revenge. Not to mention they Hoyed me in the process! Well done by the way, SH80.

So all the above is to note there was a lesson learned...don't play when you know you shouldn't. I knew I shouldn't be playing, but I did anyway. The way I see it is I've gotten my Gigli out of the way just in time for The Mook tonight.



Tomorrow I plan to do a follow-up to my recent post, Exuding Strength. I appreciate everyone who commented as it has given me some more to think and write about. That's it for today's post, but let me leave you with this. I'm playing in the Mookie, Riverchasers and Big Game this week. I certainly hope you'll join me. Details are in the picture below (click to embiggen) or can be found here.



Until next time, may the felt be with you.

posted by TripJax @ 11:20 AM,

4 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Blogger Julius_Goat said...

Trip, if you knock me out of this month's Big Game for the trifecta, I'm sending you a free copy of "Protecting Yourself From Voodoo Attack For Dummies."

It's only fair.

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger KajaPoker said...

Your 2 year old is up that late? We try to get KajaKid in bed by 7:30 max. Then she sings, plays, does handstands, strips, pours water all over her pajamas and the bed, takes of the diaper and tries to climb out. Watching it on the video monitor is hella fun.

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

Duly noted Goat. I've been needing something new to read.

Kaj...she usually takes a nap at 3pm...if it is a short nap, she goes to bed at 8pm. However, sometimes her 3pm nap is a massive nap that goes for 3 or 4 plus hours. When that happens, she usually doesn't pass out again until 10pm.

The cool thing though is she loves her crib and sleeping so usually when we lay her down she goes out quick...

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger KajaPoker said...

Well that's just not fair. You have officially put me on baby nap tilt. KajaKid is dropping her nap, I'm sure. So she either skips it and goes bezerk in the afternoon and eventually collapses at 7:30 or she takes a nap and then does a riverdance for 2 hours in her crib.

baby nap tilt is tough to break. I will get my revenge in the mook. kthxbai.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home