Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



It's Challenge Time

It's Challenge Time

Well I've been playing over at Ultimate Bet the last week and things have gone quite well. I was able to transfer some money out of my Noble account over to UB not only to take advantage of a decent bonus, but also to prepare for the SNG Challenge I will be a part of. To get my feet wet - after depositing $110 - I played a $5 SNG the night I opened the account and ended up winning it. Me likey dat. I haven't played a SNG since as I've been working the cash games trying to work off the bonus.

Through PokerSourceOnline (referral code tripjax) I was able to get a 55% sign up bonus (15% more than normal) as well as a free set of poker chips once I clear the requirements. Erm, OK so you want to give me a free set of chips and a higher bonus for signing up to a site I was already gonna sign up for? Deal! And once I clear the bonus your going to give me more PokerSourceOnline points towards more stuff. Erm, deal! Basically I need to amass 500 ultimate points in order to fully clear the bonus and receive the set of chips. To do so, I've been playing ultra low limits, but multi-tabling. I basically want to risk as little as possible while clearing the bonus.

This process has proved successfull so far as I've cleared 170 Ultimate Points and I'm up to over $140.00 (though that includes my SNG winnings). In essence, I've either been break even or up for the majority of my sessions. And the few times I've been down the 55% bonus has made up the difference. I've yet to have to re-buy which is nice, but numerous times I've been down on one table, but up quite nicely in another one to round things off. The bonus releases as you accumulate points which is great for seeing your bankroll rise or at least keeping your losses from hurting you too much. So far I'm very impressed with their site.

On average I'm releasing .10 of Ultimate Points for every hand I play. That's roughly 5000 hands to play in order to clear the 500 points, but there are ways I've been clearing it quicker. For one, if you start a new table (are first to sit at a cash game table) you receive 50% more bonus points than normal. Plus, like I mentioned above, I've been multi-tabling so the points clear much faster. I plan to be done with the bonus by next Friday and I'm told by GaryC that the chip set is mailed pretty quickly which sounds great. Again check out PokerSourceOnline via the link above and use tripjax if you wanna help a brotha out. I plan to continue using them in the future and will be checking out their frequent flopper (rake back) program after I'm done at UB.

My favorite parts of UB are the clean look of the rooms, the mini table view which is great for multi-tabling, and the fold and show option which I haven't seen anywhere else. My least favorite is the chat which is somewhat cumbersome. I also don't like how you can't multi-table more than 3 tables. Why have a mini table view and then limit the players to 3 tables? Having stayed around the ultra low limit tables I haven't really branched out so time will tell if I find any more stuff to praise or complain about.

In the last few days it has been a pleasure to sit at the tables with GaryC and Kipper, fellow bloggers as well as SNG Challengers. I figure I'll be seeing more of them as the challenge ensues. Thanks GaryC for sitting with me a while as I grind away at the bonus. I know you didn't really want to be at that table, but you did it to hang with a fellow blogger which was cool. Also, I enjoyed our chat Kip. For me, it was nice to play at just one table for a while as the multi-tabling can do a number on ya.

So it's 3 a.m., I'm butt ass tired, and it's way past my bedtime. Me thinks I'll concede to the power that bezzzzzzzzzzzz

posted by TripJax @ 6:20 AM,

1 Comments:

At 8:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Think that will drive you some extra traffic?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home