Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Party For Your Right To Sight

Party For Your Right To Sight

I'll get to the Party stuff in just a moment...

As much as poker and I got along the last couple of times I've played, I've not been able to hit the tables lately. The last two nights I tried to stay away from the computer as wifey hasn't been feeling well and I wanted to spend more time with her. After staring at a computer at work and staring at one when I get home, it can be very therapeutic to stay the F away from it for a few days.

I did, however, play one SNG today after coming home at lunch time to hang with wifey. After a while she took a nap and I hit the table. I signed up for an Omaha Hi/Lo SNG on Party and was quite bummed when I realized it was limit. I much prefer PLO8. Oh well. I ended up winning the damn thing. Counting the two SNG's I won the other night while playing with GCox, that makes 3 SNG wins in a row. Booya!


Party For Your Right To Sight: I hadn't even planned on hitting the tables today, but I came across something at Party that sparked my interest so I had to sign on and check it out. Specifically I was checking out the Party Beta Client. If you haven't seen it, you gotta check it out. It rocks. I can't believe I just typed that something Party has done rocks. A big thanks to Radii over at 9 2 Offsuit for pointing this out. If you don't read the guys over at 9 2 Offsuit, you should.

To make a long story short, with the Beta Client you can now change the size of the table in order to fit more tables on your monitor. I tried it out and I can fit 4 tables easily on my small laptop screen. Granted the size is small, but I don't mind it a bit. Not having to toggle between the overlapping tables is priceless. Now go check it out, damnit. The pic above is just what I pulled up on my screen to give you an idea. I think my screen is 15" so it is pretty cool that it fits all 4 tables.


I was the first person to sign up for the HORSE tournament and I'm really looking forward to playing. For a while I was the only person signed up...it was the best chance I had to win the whole thing. Actually, I'd probably still find a way to lose. The last time we had a WPBT HORSE tournament I was in the hospital with my wife. If you wanna check out those old posts I found them here and here.


Widgets. Ever heard of them? No, I don't mean our favorite little man. I mean a Widget. A buddy just turned me on to these today and I'm lovin'em. Basically they are just little programs that run on your desktop. For instance, you can keep a small widget that lets you know flight arrivals and departures. Or maybe you just want the weather showing on your desktop. And of course we all need to keep up with the latest Russian Brides available.

And for the poker bloggers out there, how about putting a bloglines widget on your desktop that refreshes automatically for you. Or for you Poker Room players, why not keep up with your bankroll on your desktop. And, I haven't tried this one out yet, but posting to your blog directly from your desktop is an option as well.


Well, that's gonna have to do it for me. I look forward to seeing you all at the HORSE tourney. Now go sign up, damnit.

posted by TripJax @ 3:03 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home