Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Shorty To Kick Off 2006

Shorty To Kick Off 2006

Welly, welly, welly if it isn't 2006. To ring in the new year, if you haven't already seen the previous post, we're kicking off another DADI tournament January 11th. See below (or here) for details.

I don't have a ton of direction for this post as I'm strapped for time, so I'll try to hit on a couple of things quickly.

**********

Happy Birthday GCox. This is the furthest you'll be from your next decade birthday, so take it all in and enjoy it. I'll crack open a beer in your honor tonight!

**********

I was reading a post from flopilicious the other day that reminded me of a service I had signed up for a while back and never ended up using, Poker Dominator. It's basically a free service that helps you keep up with your bankroll, but more importantly, track your sessions. It works for cash games, MTT's, SNG's and pretty much any game. I originally chose not to use the service as I felt the session entries took too long to enter, plus I was about to cashout the bulk of my roll for vacation anyway. I figured I would go down that road eventually and never really thought about it again until his post.

Turns out they have upgraded the service to allow you to create templates of games you play often. Therefore, it is very easy to add sessions now and was enough to gain my interest again. As part of my 2006 ToDo list - of which I've yet to post to this blog - I want to better track my game and my bankroll. Thus, this service is right up my alley. I realize there may be much better programs and/or services available to do this type of tracking, but I don't know of them so for now this will be my new home for bankroll and session tracking.

Well of course, from the moment I began tracking my sessions this past week, my roll took a nose dive. I played two $24 + $2 MTT's and was booted from each while all-in with AA. I then went through a span of 10 straight brutal SNG's or HU matches finding the money only a few times, but never 1st place. In the end, I was down pretty bad, but my goals are long term so I'm not gonna sweat it. It's just never fun to start off a new project so poorly and have to work your way out. Building a hole is never fun.

**********

My game feels undone right now. I'm not happy with the games I'm playing because a good portion of my roll is tied up in bonus chasing at sites where my connection is not working out too well. Therefore, I'm struggling to find any semblance/order. I've decided to finish my current bonuses and then get back to my bread and butter, 6-max and full table SNG's (forget the previous paragraph where I sucked at SNG's...dohl!). Also, I will play those on sites I have the least problems with because my game suffers when I'm constantly worrying about my connection. I know I will be leaving some potential rewards and bonus money on the table by not playing cash games, but I want to get back to the part of poker I enjoy for a while. Eventually I want to put more time in at the short-handed limit tables, but not just yet.

**********

Damnit, I wanted to put more into this post, but work beckons. Hopefully more will come tomorrow. Sorry this was all tripe.

posted by TripJax @ 3:21 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home