Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Where Everyone Deserves A Ribbon, But Only The Best Get Paid

Where Everyone Deserves A Ribbon, But Only The Best Get Paid


First, let me note I switched up a few things in order to create the announcements section you now see over there on the left. Rather than waste space with the About Me section, I just moved that info to the About TripJax link above. So, for the time being, I will be using that section to announce the DADI: Special Omalympics PL Omaha 8 Or Better tournament at PokerStars on January 11, 2006 at 9pm. The password is again blogsaregay and the tournament is now available in the private tourney tab. The buy-in is $10 + $1. Go sign-up early! The Special Omalympics: Where Everyone Deserves A Ribbon, But Only The Best Get Paid.

Moving on, if you haven't already, go read April's post about plans for a blogger event and sending as many bloggers as possible to 2006 WSoP events. In a previous post I outlined an idea for building a tournament payout sufficient to send a blogger to the main event. I have thought a good amount about if this is feasible and, while I think it could happen, I think we might be better served running satellite tournaments to the smaller events, thus getting more bloggers into the action.

Over the next couple of days I will see if I can formulate an easy plan/schedule for some tournaments that will send some bloggers to the event of their choice. I know there is the WPBT tournaments and I'm sure numerous other bloggers formulating a plan to get this going, but it can't hurt to have a number of people working at it. At the last DADI tournament Cmitch asked if the reason we did the tournament was to see if we could get enough players for a WSoP satellite event. While that was not the intent, we were able to see that 60+ bloggers/readers are willing to get together for a DADI tournament. Thus, it might be a good idea to set up some future DADI events as qualifiers. I'll crunch numbers and talk with Jordan to see if we can make it work.

********************

I had a pretty good run last night to at least get my self back in the right direction. I found some pretty cool 5-max SNG's at Hollywood that pay out to the top 2 which is right up my alley. I managed to win the first one I played so I'm optimistic that these might work well for me since I already like playing the 6-max SNG's . I also managed to turn a joke of an amount of money at Titan into something to work with - albeit a small amount to work with.

After burning through my Titan Instant Bankroll trying to clear their bonus requirements, I ended up with less than $2.00 in the account. Last night I decided to try and build it back up with some Heads-Up action. I'm happy to report I managed to grow that pocket change more than 1500% and it is now above $20. Geez, I really got a build my bankroll back up so winning $20 isn't such a monumental event for me.

********************

The picture above is my boy. He's pretending to be something, but I can't remember what it is - maybe an Army Man or a Power Ranger or something like that. I have a nice PartyPoker hat and a craptastic PartyPoker hat and, as you can see, I gave him the craptastic hat. I just thought the pic was funny so I had to share. Sometimes I get the feeling there really are kids looking like this playing at PartyPoker. That's it for today folks. See you tomorrow!

posted by TripJax @ 10:29 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home