Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Great Odin's Raven...

Great Odin's Raven...

...it's been nearly a week since I dropped a post on thine asses. In my last post I did give fair warning I would be out of town and probably unable to post and by gawd I lived up to that warning.


To be honest, there were a couple of times I could have snuck on a computer and dropped a quick post, but I just didn't have it in me. Something about being out of town puts me in a different zone...a zone where I can't form rational thoughts or complete sentences. See, I'm back in town and that last sentence still sucked.

I've got my work cut out for me in this post.



I did manage to make it over to Falstaff's house for some shorthanded poker last Thursday night. After a few no shows we ended up with only 4 players, but it made for a fun game. We saw lots of hands in the dark even against nice raises and other such shenanigans. Mrs. Falstaff proved to be the ass kicker of the night nearly tripling her buy-in and felting Sir Falstaff twice. The money stayed in the family so it was all good.

With Mrs. Falstaff taking most of our money, I found myself down pretty much the whole night. I only ended up making money on the night due to the very last hand. We were playing .25/.50 NL and I bought in for $50, but was down to just under $30 when I raised it up to 2.50 with 8 9 offsuit. I had been playing rather loose most of the night and raising with just about anything. The only other non Falstaff at the game, Dan, called my raise. The flop came down 9 8 9 giving me a flopped full house. Dan threw out a $5 bet and I called. The turn was the case 9 giving me quads. To my surprise, Dan announced all-in and I sheepishly flipped over my quads and called. It felt good to have quads and take down the hand, but I knew I had probably just ended the night for us all. After Dan said he was out I knew it was time to quit the game and just spend a little time with the Falstaff's talking it up over some beers.

Midway through the game we received a call from Daddy and dial-a-shots were discussed. Unfortunately, he had no liquor in site so we settled on a dial-a-beer. It's always nice to partake in a dial-a-insert alcohol beverage here with fellow broggers. I had a great time with the Falstaff's and want to send out a hearty thanks for the hospitality.


Before I left for Charlotte last week I cashed out $1000 from my bankroll in preparation for the trips I have upcoming, with Okie-Vegas at the top of the list. It was nice to finally take some profit off the table and know that it is ready to be use towards the goals I set for myself. That is a damn good feeling. I still have some money in a couple of accounts, but I would say you probably won't see me at many brogger events for a while until I can build it back up to a decent amount.

I have already begun a new SNG Challenge with the remaining money I have in my poker accounts and I'm looking forward to seeing if I can really work through it this time. My biggest obstacle in the past has not been poor performance, but lack of focus on the task at hand. With so many bonus offers out there and so many blogger events going on, it is easy to fill my limited poker playing time with sessions that aren't exactly on the list of things to do. Hopefully this cash out will force me to focus on the task at hand a little bit better. We'll see.


Along with not posting recently, being away from the computer has also meant I've been missing out on the reading as well. Currently my bloglines shows 111 brogs to read with many of those broggers pumping out post after post during my absence. I have my work cut out for me.


On Saturday I played in two $40 tournaments and was sent home packing in both. I liked my play in both tournaments, but the cards did not want to play along. I watched as one of my buddies had the flop smack him in the face time and again, meanwhile I couldn't buy a card to help me. I also lost $20 on the cash game so overall it was a pretty shitty night. It was one of those nights I wish I would have just stayed home and watched a movie with TripWife. As I say, hindsight is shitty shitty.

One cool thing that did come from the tournament is I found a cool option for a card protector. I had forgotten to grab my trusty donkey card protector given to me by mookie and was scrambling for something to use. I had recently purchased some Altoids breath strips and they did the trick quite nicely. The metal tin is small, but the perfect size for covering your cards. On top of that, whenever you need to freshen the breath they are readily available.

I found anytime I took a tough beat or misplayed a hand, I would take a breath strip which seemed to calm me down and turn my focus away from the result of the hand and back to the play at hand. It helped me move on. It only cost me $100 (in losses that night) to find a $.99 card protector. The donkey protector will still be my primary choice, but it is nice to have a back-up.

Follow-Up Thoughts From My Previous Post:

As I suspected, 31 is pretty much a non event. Thankfully, no one sang to me at work, but I did have a great time with the family. TripWife and my friends and family rock as I got some pretty cool swag. If you guys are reading this, thanks for the cool shit.

Also, thank you to everyone who commented in the post wishing me a happy birthday. Getting that many comments was very cool. I appreciate it.

Big Ups To These Fine Folks Who Left A Comment In the Last Post:

csquard
iamhoff
alcanthang
chad
fastpitch27
kaellinn18
gcox25
bloodyp
ingoal
stephengant
mookie19
jordan
drewspop
pokerpeaker
carmensincity
kipper

posted by TripJax @ 11:36 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home