Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



The Aftermath

The Aftermath

For those interested, the WPBT-POY points have been updated here. Thanks go out to Biggestron for being quick to update the info after I sent him a half ass list of DADI 5 attendees. If you do not see your name listed, but feel that it should be based on your DADI 5 finish, please let Biggestron know. Some of you folks have some random screen names that do not correlate with your blog so it can be difficult to put them together.

Somehow it seems I have managed to remain in the top 40 in WPBT-POY points. Of my 4 attempts so far, I think the only time I received points was from my final table 6th place finish in Iggy's WSoP Satellite. So I'm in the top 40 in points, but have $0 won to show for it. Sounds like I need to get my ass in gear.

To be honest, I have not been putting much time into keeping up with the WPBT schedule. Lately, if I've been in an event it is because I happened to be on Yahoo Chat and was reminded by another brogger that it was getting ready to start. I'm going to try and remedy this by trying to schedule my poker playing around the WPBT events. I really want to do well in these things and I do have the most fun when playing with you donkeys so I might as well play them as often as possible. Therefore, look for me and my C- game at a WPBT event near you.

Regarding the prizes from
DADI 5, it looks like everything is falling into place. The SNG Machine has been credited the $1500 and will keep us all up to date on his blog which event he plans to play. Having already won a satellite for the Main Event and another smaller WSoP event, I think we have a great ambassador to add to the list of previous brogger satellite winners. Bring home the goods folks!

The second place finisher,
LifesAGrind, is also having his iPod shipped today so he should see it soon. Having made a deal with The SNG Machine when they got heads-up that still allowed for The Machine to play in an event, it looks like DADI 5 was good to Mr. Life (iPod + $400 + $100). Nice job, Sir.

And finishing off the players who placed in the money and received prizes,
illinifan has received his 10,000 PSO points and Drizztdj has received his 5,000 PSO points. Fantazmic job fellas.

Ever play a perfect SNG down to the final two then watch as the 1st place prize money goes to your opponent on the first hand of heads-up? We've all been there I'm sure, but I just happened to be there last night. Jordan and I played a SNG together and I managed to double up very early and held the chip lead all the way until we were down to the final two. My opponent actually took a slight chip lead having just knocked out the 3rd place finisher.

Having controlled much of the action the whole SNG, I see AdQd on the first hand of heads up and pop it up to 1000. My opponent pushes and I decide to call, but hate seeing him flip over AcKs. No help for me and just like that I'm out. Now don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with my play and my finish, but sometimes it smarts to play so well an entire SNG only to watch another player reap the 1st place rewards. As I've said a 1000 times, Das Pokah.

On a side note, Jordan never could get the right cards at the right time and ended up going out with about 5 left. I ended up knocking him out with my AdQd versus his A9 offsuit after he was very low on chips and had to make a move. I never like to knock out a fellow brogger, but again, Das Pokah. I know J would have done the same thing in that position.

On a side note, good luck in Vegas, GCox, you rat bastard. I hope you only get one bag of peanuts on the flight. I keed, I keed.

Follow-Up Thoughts From My Previous Post:

As usual, I was a little off on my recollection of the hands I played in the DADI 5, but it was cleared up in the comments section. Thanks
darval for the reminder. I really need to live blog these things or take notes so I'm not always misrepresenting how I played. Donkeys have a tendency to do that ya know.

Big Ups To These Fine Folks Who Left A Comment In the Last Post:

kaellin18
presdavelee
mookie99
ingoal
highonpoker
darval
drizztdj
jestocost
gcox25
gunsandpoker
tonysaprano0

posted by TripJax @ 11:07 AM,

1 Comments:

At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree that getting AQ beat by AK the first hand heads up is frustrating. But what really sucks is when your AK gets beat by AQ or worse right away... and the other person types out, "BAM!" :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home