Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Gizolf Anyone?

It's amazing the things you can find to do when you're not working or playing poker. I've been a bit under the weather the last few days and finally decided to just come home early today. TripWife is also not feeling well so I figured it would be better to be home so we could take turns sleeping, then watching the kids.

While I've been awake, I decided to play around on the computer and ended up getting knee deep into the Google Earth software I downloaded a while back. This software is off the hook. In a matter of an hour I've been all over the world and seen a ton of stuff. From Big Ben to Iraq to Greenland and back, I've seen it all.

During my virtual travels I cam across the The Great Pyramids of Giza. I must say I was surprized to find a golf course so close to the pyramids (click the picture for a larger version). How weird is that? Part of me thinks it is ridiculous to build a golf course so close to a worldly landmark, but another part of me wants to go play at that course. How cool would it be to tee off at the 8th hole and have the Pyramids right smack dab in view? Pretty much bad ass. Still, I think I have to go with the notion that it is quite ridiculous to put up a golf course that close.

Chalk this up to a non-pokery post. That's what happens when you're not playing poker.

Laterz.

posted by TripJax @ 4:18 PM,

6 Comments:

At 6:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice picture!

I remember reading about a guy who managed to find some military base that he wasn't supposed to be able to see. They had a giant plane in there that caused a bit of trouble in some governments.

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Poker Jones said...

Hell, it's only 9 holes. I think an 18-hole course, however, would have royally pissed off Ra and the other Egyptian gods.

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Jordan said...

I hear at the 4th hole, you have to hit the ball through the pyramid. The hard part is timing out the windmill blades.

As to what pokerbarney said, apparently there are a lot of incidents regarding military secrets exposed by Google Earth.

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger TripJax said...

That is freaking hilarious fellas. Nice.

 
At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Find. That's hilarious.

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You are so right. We do play differently. It would be great to play an SnG here with you - I'll be on those accounts soon so I'll let you know when we do.

Cool man. And nice to have you back. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home