Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



A Little Poker...A Little Win...

Barely one week ago I advised of my intentions to take a break from poker during the month of December. Well all I can say right now is damn that sweet temptress poker. She snuck into my head last night and forced me to play some pokery goodness on Full Tilt.

Today is my sons birthday and I've taken the day off to build one of his gifts (a bunkbed) and spend the day with him when he gets out of school. That said, any day off for me usually means poker the night before. Having cashed out a while back, I slipped $55 into my account with intentions to play five $10+$1 SNG's or go broke trying.

The go broke trying was looking to be the theme early on as I couldn't catch a break in my first 2 SNG's. I was all-in both times with well the best of it, but we know how that can go. Only two SNG's in - and unceremoniously out - I was in need for a change. I decided to go for a $10, 90 player MTT. Something was calling me to it, so I listened. Unfortunately, it was taking forever to fill up the tournament, so I opted for the $5 buy-in, which was almost full.

A few hours later, I won the damn thing. I don't know what it is lately, but my MTT game feels solid. I absolutely destroyed that tournament. Down to 45 players, I had nearly 50k in chips with the next closest barely at 20k. The bubble lasted over 30 minutes and I took full advantage raising and re-raising when the situation felt right (which was almost every hand). I even took it easy on one ultra small stack to make the bubble last a little longer. That pissed a few players off, but ultimately helped me build my stack from 50k to 85k in the process.

By the time we were at the final table, I was over 100k with the next closest player having 40k. By the time we were down to 5, I had nearly 200k. Heads-up it was 230k to 40k. It was just big stack poker at its best. Man do I love playing that type of game.

The win was 1/10th the size of my last MTT win from a few weeks ago, but it still felt nice to take down a tournament with 90 players. Looks like I'll be at the Mookie this week.

Before I go, I just want to give a huge Happy Birthday to my boy Jaxon who turns 6 today. He is my ultimate inspiration. I know he won't read this, but that is not the point.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAXON!

Until next time, may the felt be with you.

posted by TripJax @ 8:53 AM,

8 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is his name really Jaxon?

 
At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can say is: YOU DA MAN!

Grats on taking down a nice MTT. Sure puts you in a great mood doesn't it? So much for taking time off poker. Now it will be harder than ever to stay away.

 
At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NICE!!!


I need some lessons from you on how to increase my aggression.

Let's chat.

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

JL...yes, his name is Jaxon...here is the skinny on that...

http://tripjax.blogspot.com/2006/01/origin-of-tripjax-name.html

Chipper...thanks man...you are right. The only reason I did it was cause I wanted to write a story, but I seem to be doing okay with both...

Peaker...anytime man...I'll be on the girlie chat sometime soon...

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger cmitch said...

Nice job. Have a fun b-day with your son.

 
At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the talk last night over the girlie chat.

I figured it out last night. I'm good at playing tight/aggressive, and I do throw bluffs in there. I'm also great at staying out of trouble (usually). However, I need to learn how to steal, raise with air and becoming more unpredictable so I'm not so reliant on the cards.

There you go. Let's play soon.

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

If all goes as planned, I'll be playing the Mookie tonight Peaker...

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger iamhoff said...

Happy belated b-day to mini-Trip! Nice takedown on the MTT. Keep it up & hopefully I'll run into you out there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home