Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



My Two Cents

I still haven't gotten a chance to write the follow-up to my Exuding Strength post that I mentioned I would do here. I was all set to fire up Blogger yesterday, but I started feeling a tad off. Within the hour I was having serious stomach issues. I won't go into details, but lets just say I could hold nothing down and I couldn't even drink water. I headed home and slept most of the day. I did manage to wake up and attempt to play the Riverchasers event while in bed, but everything was pretty much a blur.

I've taken today off from work as well. I'm feeling better, but still not 100%. Hopefully I'll feel up to par by tonight. I don't foresee any alcamahol in my future this weekend though. Pwned.



As for the Riverchasers tourney, I finished somewhere in the points, but way out of the money or final table action. I think I was out in 24th...a disappointing effort in the end. While I had a pretty good run in the 1st hour (with one huge suckout early), I went completely card dead in the 2nd hour. I had QQ once and it folded to my raise. Other than that my best hand was one AQ and, my last hand of the tournament, AJ. A tournament is not won or lost by the cards you have, but how you play them, so I did my best with what I had. In the end, I applied pressure when I could - and with what I had - but it was not to be.

I have to give a congrats to XxMagicianxX for his 2nd BBTwo win by taking down the Riverchasers event last night. Definitely impressive to win 2 events so far. It's a shame he has ZERO class on the felt. I'm not sure what I've done to deserve his crap, but alas he feels the need to toss it my way. Thus, I'm going to go ahead right now and make the following statement known, just to make sure we are all on the same page...

I don't need any poker advice from anyone at the table. If you don't like the way I play, too bad.

I know I can't stop anyone from being an assclown in the chat, but I damn sure can say what I want in this little corner of the intertubes. I've come to terms with the fact that some people just can't control their emotions when they play poker. For every person that takes a bad beat and simply writes, "gg, gl all," there is another person out there who acts like a complete tard.

What really makes me laugh, though, are the people who try and teach you in the chat after you make a move they disagree with. Seriously, what the fuck are you trying to prove? Keep your comments to yourself and take advantage of the "bad play" you feel you are up against.

As for the magic man, I did not drop one single bad beat on this guy and, in fact, went in with the best of it 2 out of the 3 times we were all-in against each other. And I never once called off my chips to him. The one time I lost was my last hand where he called my AJ push with his 55 and he won. He then was kind enough to tell me to "get the fuck out." Way to be a class act champ.

This isn't a rant post and I certainly don't want to start any retarded flame wars. I'm just getting my thoughts out and then I'm done. However, let me finish up this post with a thought that goes out to everyone who plays poker, including myself...

You are not as a good as you think you are.

We all can get better at this game and we all have our areas to learn and grow. Just ask yourself, "What do I want out of this humbling game?" If it is money, then go earn it, my friend. Like most people who play poker, I want to earn as much money as I can playing this game, however I contend that earning respect at the table is important as well. You certainly don't earn respect by being an asshat in the chat. Offer respect, get respect.

Until next time, may the felt be with you.

posted by TripJax @ 1:12 PM,

8 Comments:

At 2:49 PM, Blogger The Bracelet said...

Amen!

Sucks that there are so many douchebags in the game, but if they weren't doing it there they'd probably be doing it somewhere else. A douchebag is a douchebag.

 
At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had fun talkin' wit ya last night; sorry someone was being a jackass. There's always one....well, on Full Tilt there's usually at least two or three lol

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Chad C said...

Shut off chat? Mute people you do not want to hear? I have like 19.5 bloggers on mute :)

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

chad...

I have to know...who is the .5 blogger?

HaHa...that is so good.

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger WillWonka said...

Like you, I make my poker moves for reasons that I am good with. Some times after thinking about it, I decide whether it was good or bad and certainly nobody from a chat is going to influence that.

Having said that, I love those dorks that talk it up in chat. Just for the entertainment value, it is worth it. Sometimes, if they even keep at it, it can work to your benefit. Just feed them, I say and perhaps they will tilt off even more dollars.

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger jjok said...

fuckem.

vegas soon.

booze.

degeneracy.....is ours.

 
At 4:01 AM, Blogger lightning36 said...

Nice post. TripJax, you are one of the classiest bloggers around. Screw all the idiots who have big balls on the net but are probably part of the small penis crowd in everyday life.

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I still can't get over that you've never been to Vegas before.

See you soon sir.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home