Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Annette_15

Last week I was reading cmitch over at O-Poker regarding young pro Annette_15 winning the $10, $100,000 guarantee for a cool $20,000. She posted the entire tournament on PokerXFactor for all to see (must be a member, but free to sign up), which was pretty cool of her to do.

Last Thursday I decided I needed a break from playing poker, so I decided to just watch Annette's replay in lieu of playing the Riverchasers event. After watching about half of her tournament, I looked at the clock and noticed the Riverchasers was 1 minute from starting. I don't know what hit me, but I logged on quickly and with only seconds to spare, I was registered.

I must admit, I was a bit deflated when the first hand started and I had 4 cards. Having watched the replay of the NL Hold'em event, I was excited about tossing some NL hands around, but there was nothing I could do as the Riverchasers was Omaha. It was 5 minutes into the tourney before I realized it wasn't Hi/Lo. Talk about needing to pay more attention. Yeesh.

Since I fizzled in the tourney, I'll just go ahead and tell you about Annette's run. Let's just say she runs goot. She hit so many river cards to win a hand, I was unable to keep up. Granted, sometimes it was a suck, resuck where she was originally ahead, but she still got insanely lucky so many times. And it's not like she was getting crazy lucky with 8+ outs most of the time. Usually it was a 2 or 3 outter situation.

The one thing I really missed out on in the replay was the chat. I can only imagine what some of the chat was when she was nailing some of the cards in huge situations. I'm sure she was catching some love and some serious hate along the way.

This is mind boggling, but in the end, after starting with 3000 chips, she finished with 60,000,000 chips. That's just insane for a pro to enter a $10 tourney with 20,000 entrants and take it down. If you've got two hours to spare, go watch what it is like to run insanely goot.

Until next time, may the felt be with you .

posted by TripJax @ 10:38 AM,

3 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger Ingoal said...

That link doesn't work for me (and yes I'm registered and logged in)...

 
At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As impressive as the game was, you said it yourself, there were too many moments that were won solely on luck. I can accept a coin flip, but when a player has only two outs and hits the hand more than once then it is more a fluke that the player then goes on to win.

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger The ICP said...

Hey! Didn't look at the game you linked, cuz, well, I'm silly like that... Did notice that you propped me as the first blog you read, and I'm honored! Albeit, it took 2 years for me to get back to you... or my blog, for that matter, cuz, again, I'm silly like that, but hey, better late then sucked out!

Thanks for the support! I'm still out there sweating all my friends!

ICP

 

Post a Comment

<< Home