Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Sweet Mistakes

We all know mistakes in poker can be rewarded. Just recently I made a mistake in a hand that changed the course of a tournament and helped me make a final table. At times mistakes away from the felt can also end up being a blessing in disguise.

Take last night as an example. I fired up the computer at 9:40pm ready to sign up for The Mookie. I made it to the tourney lobby, but was also watching TV, talking with ChickJax and filling out my Tao Of Poker NCAA tourney bracket. By the time I finished the bracket, I looked at the time and it was 10:10pm. I was confused as my Mook table had not popped up. I went to the tourney to look for my name and it wasn't there. In all the mix of things I was doing, I had not registered correctly. I remember clicking for the buy-in, but I must not have entered the password.

Right around that time, ChickJax was feeling pretty bad. As some of you may know, she's been sick for nearly 6 weeks now. After some tough times and numerous doctor visits, we are headed back to the doctor today for extensive blood work. Hopefully we'll know more soon. As it turned out, it was a great thing that I didn't sign into the tourney. She needed someone to be with her and, after two previous nights of successful poker, it was time to take a break. My registration mistake worked out and I was relieved I wasn't playing poker at that point.

We are headed to the doc soon, but before we go, I want to mention one of the coolest things I've seen hit the intertubes in some time.

Hulu

That site is sure to crush workplace productivity much like Iggy's ubers used to do. My employer is already hip to it though - and blocked it from use - so I won't be enjoying it during office hours. I have, however, been catching up on shows and movies while playing poker at night. Yeah I know that's not optimal poker strategy, but I only have so many hours in the day, so I gotta do what I gotta do. If anything, maybe I can get a few other poker bloggers to watch some shows while playing poker and thus spend less time keeping up with the game. Yeah, that's the ticket, destroying quality poker play one tv show at a time.

Until next time, may the felt be with you .

posted by TripJax @ 9:48 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home