Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Morning Wood

My lack of poker play continues as I barely played any last week and managed only one heads-up SNG over the weekend. I must really be rusty as I was trying to play a $20 heads-up No Limit Hold'em match and ended up in a heads-up Pot Limit Omaha match that I ultimately won. Okay replace rusty with drunk and the ultimately won with decidedly lost and the story gets a tad more accurate.

I hope I can make some BBThree tourneys this week, but I'm just not sure at this point. If I'm there, I hope you'll join me. If I'm not there, I hope you win. Really I do...yes you...the one reading this right now...I hope you win. So you've got that going for you.



Back in February I wrote this post about my plans to build a deck in our back yard. It took a while to get rolling, but I finally made the decision to build the deck on my own instead of hiring professionals. To be more specific I have a buddy helping and, though I made the decision on the type and size of the deck, he is really the brains of the project. Prior to this weekend we had done all the prep work, which was really the shitty part of it all. We put the ledger board up which required going under the house, then we put up the posts which involved mixing concrete. Completing those items took the most time and I'm glad to have them behind us.

Yesterday morning Lowes delivered all the wood (hence the morning wood title...i know...hardy har har...) and we ended up tearing through a good portion of the deck build. We are close to completing the framing and joists and will soon be laying down the decking. That's when I know we will be well on our way to completing this thing. I can't wait to sit down and have a beer on my brand new deck. I also can't wait to get to landscaping the backyard. Right now it looks like Iraq back there.

I realize most of my readers could give two shits about me building a deck, but I did have a few comments from that previous post that mentioned wanting to know what we ended up deciding, so I figured I would give an update. It is definitely a lot of work for two newbie deck builders, but I'm really enjoying the project, saving a ton of money by doing it myself and really just happy to get some experience under my workbelt. All in all I think it was a good decision to build it myself. Once it is complete I'll let you know for sure if I still feel that way. I'll be sure and post some before and after pictures for all to see.

Until next time, may the felt be with you.

posted by TripJax @ 11:19 AM,

2 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Blogger OhCaptain said...

I love sitting on my deck and enjoying a beer. The wi-fi even works so I can sit out on the deck on a beautiful night, drink a beer and play a little poker. Life is beautiful. Now, if there was only a place to pee out there.

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Riggstad said...

and a fine update it is...

sound like you have the basic infrastructure up sp the rest should be easy breezy...

look forward to pics

 

Post a Comment

<< Home