Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Filibustered Out

Filibustered Out

Gonna have to keep this one short today folks. I'm in the process of drafting another Poker Sites Take Notice, but since it is already the afternoon on Friday, I think I'll try and finish it up this weekend and have it ready for Monday. I thought this idea up around the same time I thought up my last idea so I gotta get this one out of my head before it pops out of my ear. Look for it Monday.

I played in an MTT last night and was trying to be frisky by playing a few more hands than usual. My table was very passive and I figured I might be able to take advantage of their submissive ways. What ensued was a classic illustration of how playing a suspect hand can make you feel like you were bad beat, but actually you bad beat yourself since you should have never been in the hand in the first place. And by you, I mean me.

I have 10h5h in MP and limp pretty sure it won't get raised and I can see a cheap flop. The flop comes down with AhKh9h. With 5 or 6 players still in the hand I bet the flop not wanting someone with the lone Jh or Qh to get a free card. I get one caller. The turn is a blank and I make another pot sized bet, which he again calls. The river was the As and I make a decent size bet that puts him near all-in. He raises me and I grimace as He flips over A9 for the rivered full house.

At first I was pretty pissed off cause this pot was for the chip lead in the tournament with 60 players remaining, but I quickly realized there was nothing I could do about it and I should have never been in the hand in the first place. A pretty good lesson on the cheap I can keep fresh in my mind for future tournaments. It's OK to switch it up and get frisky against passive players, but that doesn't mean you should play crap cards every hand. Otherwise, you'll filibuster yourself out of most tournaments. It's just so hard to watch Donky McDonksalot win every single hand with Ace high or bottom pair and I can't even walk away with a flopped flush. Bastardos!

Tonight is our office work party and I'm looking forward to boozing and grubbing it up for free. Wifey and I don't get out together too often sans chitlins so it will be nice to spend some quality time with her. My friend poker and I won't be seeing each other much this weekend as we have the party tonight, my families Christmas get together Saturday, and Wifey's family get together on Sunday. Hopefully I'll be able to sneak some poker in on Sunday when we get back.

I'm planning on playing some FullTilt MTT's this month and was wondering if anyone could suggest a nightly or weekly tourney that is juicy and in the $5 to $15 range. Hook-A-Brotha-Up with a comment. Thanks.

A buddy sent me this link today for a bad ass new product. Talk about destroying workplace productivity.

Well, that will have to do it for today. As always, I have more I want to write about, but I just can't think straight right now or remember what to write about. I really gotta get a small blog notebook. Wait, is that gay?

posted by TripJax @ 3:07 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home