Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



I Think It Moved

I Think It Moved

I took the day off yesterday to watch the kids so my wife could get some dental work done. She did not see the doc until the afternoon and ended up taking the little one with her to baby sit for the morning, so I only had boy for most of the day. We spent the day together and even hit up Mickey D's for some fun in their playroom, which was a good time. I was, however, able to get a few hours of poker in before we went out which was nice.

I decided on some limit poker, which was a welcome change from the SNG's and MTT's I've been hacking away at lately. I do not fancy myself a great limit player, but I want to continue to play and learn. One trend I've found with my limit play is I always seem to put myself in a hole early. Usually a small hole, but a hole nonetheless. And when I two table it becomes two holes. I always feel like I am treading water and occasionally flailing around just to stay even. I often finish a session wondering what the hell was the point. Then there are sessions like yesterday.

As usual, I put myself into a hole and wondered what it was going to take to get out. I was getting monster hands, but only winning a few of them. I think I got AA four times, KK three times, and QQ four times in a matter of 90 minutes, but won 3 of those hands. Then it happened. I went on a serious rush at one of my tables and before I knew it I had nearly doubled my buy-in. At my other table I was break even so the session was looking good.

Then I got into a multi-way pot with 10 J suited where it was capped pre-flop. I knew I needed a good flop to play on and was happy when I hit 10 Q K with the Q and K my suit. We played on and before I knew it there was a ton of money in the pot and I was still hoping for a pretty river. An offsuit Ace hit the river and, while I was happy to see something that would give me a piece of the pot with the nut straight, I figured I was splitting it with at least one other player. I gave out a hearty "booya" when the entire pot was pushed my way. I couldn't believe with the number of players in the pot that I took it down. I was so happy, I think it moved. I'll leave it at that.

That above hand ended up being the largest limit pot I have ever won and though I gave some back before I quit, I still ended up more than doubling my buy-in. A nice change from the norm. I decided to take an extended break from the computer and came back around 8pm to play some more.


I played some donktastic poker in my first SNG of the night, pushing all-in with absolutely nothing while my opponent held TPTK. Moving on, I played an 18 player SNG with GCox and KJ and played well, but didn't cash in that one either. I then took my chances at Mookies weekly tournament and ended up bubble boy when my AK with an AX5 board ran into 55. I feel I played well in that tournament, caught a few breaks in race situations, and still had $0 to show for it. Das poker. It most definitely did not move when Nacho flipped over 55 and I knew my fate was bubble boy. Congrats to Kat who won the whole thing. Poker likes her. Mookie has a tourney recap here.

Big news in DADI-ville, hopefully will be announced today, but definitely by tomorrow. Can't wait!

posted by TripJax @ 9:50 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home