Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



"U S and A!"

Good morning all on this fine Monday morning. Now usually my temperament wouldn't be so optimistic with the start of the work week, but that's just it, I have no work this week. I begin my Okie-Vegas trip on Wednesday, so I decided to take the full week off and spend Monday and Tuesday with the family. In fact, I won't touch work again until next Tuesday, July 24th. Within the hour we're headed to a local pool for some sun and fun. To my fellow blogthren who sit and read this post from work, my thoughts be with you.

On the poker front, I played minimal poker over the weekend with a little bit of success. I didn't play any large tournaments, opting for some laid back heads-up action and/or 6-max turbo sng's. Sometimes my attention is not best served with a large field MTT, so during those times the shorty games are best for me. The only MTT I played was the small buy-in, big fun tournament know as the Brit Bloggerment #17. Though it was dubbed a battle of the sexes, it was really more of a battle of the countries. And to be honest, with only 3 players out of 27 from "U S and A!" it had the makings of a potential USA massacre.

Not so fast however...did I mention that two of the Americans were yours truly as well as Wolverine Fan, who was the one that invited/reminded me of the tournament. Of the 27 entrants, Wolverine managed a 3rd place finish, while I pulled off a 2nd place showing. I really thought I was going to win this one throughout as I was at or near the chiplead almost from start to finish. In fact, I doubled up on the 1st hand of the tournament and never looked back. Unfortunately, I did most of my damage early and, when it mattered, I got my money in well behind heads up and paid the price.

I had a great time and I'm glad I was able to give the U S and A a positive showing. Also it's always good to play with some long time blog friends that I don't get the chance to see on the felt much anymore.

Well that's it for today. I'll probably give my last post for a while tomorrow morning, giving my plans for Okie-Vegas.

Now for a moment of funny before I go. While this actually played on morning radio, thus is approved for everyone, I'm not so sure the audio here would go over too well in certain work places, so either turn the volume down or grab your headphones folks. The video itself, however, is safe for work.

I'm trying to embed the video below, but if I can't get it to work, here it is.

Until next time, may the felt be with you.

posted by TripJax @ 9:44 AM,

3 Comments:

At 1:35 PM, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Well played last night Trip.It was a fine run to the final table.Have a blast in Okie and hope to catch at the virtual felt again soon.

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger KajaPoker said...

High Five!

I made KajaWife watch Borat Saturday night so the U, S and A is still fresh.

Have fun in Okie. Too bad you're rolling through town and we have no chance to meet up.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

Where do you live exactly Kaja?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home