Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



The Intertubes Fail

Last night at the Bodonkey tournament everything was clicking for me. I was playing well, sucking out and getting lucky where I needed to. Unfortunately my connection and Bodog's software kept me frustrated throughout the night.


First the good stuff. I definitely felt on my game. Though it was early, I was applying pressure where it felt right and was taking down most pots without any issues. Numerous times I re-raised with mediocre hands just to get some info and ended up taking down the pot. Everything was just feeling right.


Eventually I got into a hand vs ScottMc where I got lucky. We were short-handed and he raised my big blind from the small blind while I held A-7. I re-raised him and he thought about it for a few seconds before pushing all-in. I didn't believe he was very strong and I felt like he felt like I was making a play, but if I recall all the details it probably didn't make since for me to call based on the odds and my cards. Regardless I called, he tabled A-10 and I sucked out when a 7 hit the flop. I think items were thrown into walls at the Mc home.


Not much later we got into another all-in hand with his A-Q vs my A-J. The board paired twice leaving our Aces as kickers and a split pot to share. Again I was lucky to stay alive. From there I held my own until the connection fairy left me with shitty reception and nothing under my pillow to show for it. I had been having minor issues throughout the night, but down to 3 tables things went really bad.


With less than 18 players remaining I remember picking up K-K, but before I even had a chance to go broke with them, my connection failed. As if that wasn't bad enough, after I finally re-booted and got back to the table, I could watch the action and see my cards, but whenever the action got back to me, my cards were immediately folded. I figured it was some crap ass disconnection policy where you had to sit out until your big blind, but when my blind came and went with my cards still being folded, I started to get pissed.


I again re-booted the software and would get a couple of hands in before the connection would fail, forcing me to wash, rinse and repeat only to again see my cards auto fold into the muck. And before you immediately assume that I had the Auto-Fold or Auto-Muck option checked, just quell those thoughts for a moment. Everytime I was able to get back to the table, I checked every option to make sure I wasn't just being a terard and mucking my hands on my own. That definitely wasn't the case.

At the time my serious connection/software problems started, I believe I had a little under 10k in my stack. By the time I was able to resolve my issues, we were down to the final table and I had approximately 1,500 remaining. Bear in mind again that it wasn't like I was offline taking forever to re-boot. The re-boot(s) were rather quick, but I got to watch most of my chips dwindle down to nothing as the action kept going and I could do nothing to fix it. A-K in the big blind with only callers? I fold. J-J with a shorty all-in? I fold. Shit like that was happening and there was nothing I could do about it. The moment I could get my chips in the middle - no matter what my cards were - I did so since I didn't know when or if I would be able to take further action again.

All I can say is I was lucky to even be in the game at all, but that's a part of poker. Considering I had managed to make it as far as I had with a decent stack, it was quite deflating to have to sit and watch as my cards were mucked and the action kept on without me.

I'm considering sending an email to their support requesting they look into it, but I'm also pretty lazy on the subject since it was just $10. Still I had a great chance for a run at the money and more Bodog points, but eventually I finished 9th at the final table due to the craptastic connection/software problem. Anyone out there have any thoughts on if I should contact them or no?

Until next time, may the felt be with you.

posted by TripJax @ 1:31 PM,

6 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Blogger KajaPoker said...

I live by the motto: don't waste your time, don't hold your breath.

fun word verification of the day:
hpeepmoo

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger David Westbay said...

Bodog has a reputation for interface problems, and I'm sure they have received a fair number of complaints from users. Hard telling whether your complaint would accomplish much. But it might make you feel better to get it off your chest to them, so what the hell. It couldn't hurt.

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

i've experienced the symptom you're describing once or twice playing cash games. closing/reopening the client did the trick in both cases. whenever i experience trouble with Bodog's client it's usually due to having too many windows open or a slow connection.

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger KajaPoker said...

I know you're an onion lover. You have to check out the trailer:
http://www.onionmoviedvd.com/

You can thank me later.

 
At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - Regarding your blip, I would definitely send an email to their support requesting that they look into the prob. I know it's just $10, but it could happen another time for more money.

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger Irritable Male Syndrome said...

Holy crap! For some reason, my google reader just updated your feed. Your feed that I haven't been able to get to work for the last year.

HEY!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home