Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Local Poker Game Robbed ~ Local Robber Pwned...Redux

Before you read this post, if you haven't done so already, be sure to read part one here.

10:03am Text from me to Erin:  Dude???
10:04am Text from Erin to me:  What?
10:04am Text from me to Erin:  What happened at the game???
11:52am Text from me to Erin:  Okay then...

One minute later I got a call from Erin who immediately said, "Man I'm at work and I'm really busy...that's why I didn't text you back."  I called bullshit at first, but then figured maybe he was busy.  I basically wanted to here the story of the shooting straight from the horses mouth.  Turns out the story is pretty much as I wrote about previously, except the dude wasn't shot in the chest 3 times.  He was shot in the leg once and the arm twice.  That makes more sense, since he wasn't pronounced dead at the scene.  Not many people get shot 3 times in the chest and see the sun rise.

Erin said the police didn't care about the poker game, they were "just concerned about the robbery."  I have to call bullshit on that one.  Sure maybe the cops on sight aren't worried about the game, but when that police report hits the chief's desk, you better believe they will be delving a bit deeper.  We're talking about an illegal poker game in a decent neighborhood where someone just got shot.  If I lived in that neighborhood I'd be raising holy hell.  I'm just sayin'.

As Erin was relaying the story to me, I heard a sound in the background over the phone.  I immediately knew what it was.  It was the timebank clock from Full Tilt.  I had to throw a jab at him after hearing that.  "Oh your REAL busy, eh?!"

I asked him if this was his wake up call to finally shut the game down and he said, "I don't know, I think I might lay low for a couple of weeks, then start it back up."  Some people will never fucking learn.  Degenerates...the lot of us.

posted by TripJax @ 12:53 PM,

2 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's all fun and games until the SWAT team raids your place, as in this account of an Atlanta poker raid that CC wrote in 2007 for PokerWorks.

"I've been with the city for going on 27 years, and I've not seen an operation like this," said Roswell Police Sgt. B.C. Brackett. The investigation into this residential game followed a familiar pattern, with fellow homeowners complaining about excess traffic and parked cars late into the night. "We have no idea what people are doing in their homes, or when they gather their friends together," Roswell Police Chief Ed Williams said. "We operate based on complaints the vast majority of the time. That's how this one originated."

Police officers including a SWAT team broke into the basement of the home of Dan and Angela Tyre at 10:30 Monday evening. Over twenty cars were impounded as officers led players and their confiscated cash and chips away, well into Tuesday morning. Charges included commercial gambling, drug possession, illegal possession of a firearm, and illegal gambling; a misdemeanor.

The two raids further illustrated the risks any citizen faces heading to a poker game in the Atlanta area. Host a regular game at your own peril.

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger OhCaptain said...

Home games are perfectly legal here in Minnesota, in fact, I play with several police officers...some of the host games. The only catch in Minnesota, the host can't profit out side the game. No snack fees or rake. As long as you follow that...Game On!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home