Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



I Can Has Blog Post

It feels like forever ago since I last posted about the motorcycle accident. I can't tell you what it means to me and my family to have so many folks think of us during these tough times. The comments on my blog, posts that were written by others, phone calls and text messages I received reminded me that this ghey group of poker broggers really do keep their friends on the felt in close guard when the times get tough. The bulk of my time since the accident has been either dealing with major audit issues at work or aiding in the care of ChickJax's parents. They were able to be discharged this past Friday; however, she still cannot walk and he slowly hobbles around with a walker when he is not passed out on pain meds.

Though they were in their 60's and not exactly spring chickens, they were still active individuals. He worked five days a week in a steel factory and she was very active,"hip granny." When you are senior citizens and still riding a Harley, you have to be relatively active. Then in a flash something like this happens and you go from active folks to wheelchair and walker bound. It looks like they will slowly recover and be fine in the long run, but I don't expect them to ever be the same physically. Thankfully there was no head trauma or paralysis.

Again thanks for all the thoughts and prayers.



I actually did play some poker recently when I had some down time at the house one night. I played a 90 player sng and was playing rather well. I eventually busted in 20th place in a coin flip that would have put me in the chiplead, but d'ems the breaks. It feels rather terarded to be proud of a 20th place finish in a 90 player sng, while my brogger brethren are consistantly posting mad winnings, but right now just playing ANY poker - even losing poker - feels good to me. It means all worries are off even but for a short time.



Every so often a speech or quote emerges from the sports world - be it from an athlete, coach, journalist or fan - that truly transcends the human spirit. DiMaggio's retirement speech and some of Lombardi's quotes come to mind. This morning I awoke to ESPN and the newest quote to go down in the annals of sports history. I shall remember it for the rest of my life.

"Kobe, tell me how my ass taste."
~ Shaq

I honestly don't give two shits about NBA basketball, Kobe, Shaq or their little feud, but for whatever reason, hearing Shaq sing that just made me laugh this morning.



This post by the Goat is hilarious and deserves some props (like many of his posts). I must now go back and read all the Stupid/System posts again. Thanks Goat...keep'em comin'.

That is all.

Until next time, may the felt be with you.

posted by TripJax @ 3:16 PM,

7 Comments:

At 3:56 PM, Blogger OhCaptain said...

So glad to hear the good news! Hobbled and sore is WAY better then many of the alternatives.

Hope they continue to heal and you life returns to...where you want it to be :-)

 
At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey man,

I must've missed that post!

Glad to hear things are taking an upswing.

Bloody P

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Julius_Goat said...

Shucks, thanks Trip. Good to know you guys are pulling out of the tough times, however gradually. Stay strong, keep ya head up.

Shaq is a comic genius.

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger jamyhawk said...

Great to hear the in-laws are out of the hospital.

My family's thoughts and prayers go out to them.

And you are so right about how playing poker can take your mind away. Even for a little while, it's nice.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger kipper said...

Glad they are out.

Hope you and family are holding.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger kipper said...

up...

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Renee said...

Glad to hear things are improving, we were praying for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home