Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Preggers Poker Parenting Pontification

Time for my 2004 Personal Year In Review - But first, I must note in a strange way this whole blog thing has changed my way of thinking on numerous levels. For one, I've never considered myself a very good writer, thus I had made it a point to only write when need be (the occasional letter to a client or to my wife). Having a poker blog has brought back the joy of writing for me. I must say that I do stress a bit too much about whether I'm writing properly, but in the end, I just have to realize that nobody cares whether I use a comma here or there so I should just write damnit! Adding to my new found enthusiasm for writing is the notion that I actually have to put this here brain in my noggin to work (I used my Noggin today). You probably have to have a child as well as digital cable or satellite to get that last sentance. It's a tag line for Noggin...a kids channel.

So how does all the above relate to a 2004 personal year in review. Well without this blog I would never have even thought about 2004 in retrospect. It would have been "adios 2004", and "what's up 2005." Thanks to all the bloggers I have read, I have found a new avenue to express myself...not just about poker, but using poker as a platform. So here we go, dear readers...

I honestly can't recall much about the beginning of 2004, but the 2nd half was filled with action. In October my wife and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary. I won't bore you with the "time flies" jargon, but just know that I hit the wife lottery and have a great marriage which makes each passing year that much better." And forgive me for using the statement filled with action above for it will become all too sketchy in the next sentence. Yes, folks, the next big thing for 2004 was the impregnation of said wife. Or as she put it, "you went and knocked me up!" Luckily for us this was a planned baby and we are extremely excited. The small blind is due April 26, 2005 and we couldn't be happier. We're having a girl and details will certainly follow as news becomes available.

Continuing with the review, our son Jax celebrated his 4th birthday in December and is now very excited about being a big brother to his on the way baby sister. Each day the anticipation grows, but he's having a hard time understanding why it is taking so long. For adults, nine months seems to fly by, but for a 4 year old waiting for a "gift", nine months is a long, long time. As far as age difference goes, I think the 4 year span will work out quite nicely. Jax is ready to play big brother and keep her safe and sound, plus he is now old enough to actively help Mom and Dad with anything and everything.

On the work forefront, I also had my 5 year work anniversary with the company I work for. We had a profitable year and I feel like I had a successful year in my position. I'm hoping my bonus coming soon will reflect as such. Not getting my bonus until February, it's tough to see others in our office get Christmas bonuses and have money to use during the holidays. For me, my bonus is based on the profit of the firm for the year, and those numbers are not calculated until after the year is over, thus I don't see the money until months later. In all actuality, it is probably a good thing that I get it in February, because I don't end up spending it on extravagant gifts for the family. Instead we are able to use the money for more practical family needs like bills and work on the house, and (cough) poker.

So, from the title of the post, I've covered Preggers and Parenting (to a small degree). So what about the rest. Aaahhh, poker...this is a poker blog isn't it?! Poker was very good to me this year. I would say I won 4 decent size tournaments in the year and pocketed some good money...usually when our family needed it the most. My biggest one night win was probably a $600 first place for one of our monthly tournaments. I do recall winning a smaller tournament for around $290 and the very next day finding out that we had a leak under our house for over 2 months and our water bill was going to be $280! Another time I won over $300 and my car broke down costing me just under $200 to fix. Things like that kept happening through out the year. I stayed well in the black for my poker profit on the year, but I have nothing to show for it in a bankroll since the money was needed elsewhere. But all in all, I'm very happy with the way 2004 went for my poker game. The last few months have been tough, but I'm "dealing" with it as best as I can. As for politics, after a grueling campaign where I think I saw 18.2 million political commercials, I was very happy to have the end result with W back in office and a near sweep for Republicans throughout. I hope I don't lose any readers for that last statement...wait...I'm the only reader so far...

So let me finish with pontification...hell I'm not 100% sure what that word means (sounds sexual), but it started with a "P" which was the title theme I picked for some reason. Me thinks I recall it having to do with letting your voice be heard. Well this log is my new place to pontificate...I'll try to keep it positive, but who knows, maybe I'll break bad on occasion. So ends my 2004 year in review. For 2005 I think I'll change it up and have a Beer In Review...speaking of which, it's time to have a drink right now...

posted by TripJax @ 8:28 PM,

3 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog. Check out mine if you can. Thanks. finance used

 
At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

visit partypoker.com and make your 1st deposit using bonus code 745DEAL for $25 FREE (new players only(

 
At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

heres info on man wedding band located at: man wedding band

 

Post a Comment

<< Home