Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Blog Spotlight: Poking and Peaking

Blog Spotlight: Poking and Peaking

I've been a pretty shitty blogger lately. Life sometimes kicks you in the ass, but I won't dwell on that right now. My next post will probably explain a little bit better why I've been "distant" lately.


Geez, I make it sound like I'm dating my blog and we're having problems. Erm, that's not it folks. I'll get to an explanation later, but for now I'm moving on.

Back when I did my last Blog Spotlight, while making my decision on who to pick, it came down to Iakaris or
PokerPeaker. As you probably already know, I went with Iakaris last time, however I knew at that time whoever I didn't choose would be my next Spotlight. With that said (or written) let me introduce PokerPeaker to any and all who have yet to check him out.

Let's start this spotlight with an explanation of his name. From one of his
early posts:

I need to explain my name, I think, lest you think I'm a pervert. I climb mountains. I've just climbed all 54 14ers in Colorado, which is a pretty big deal, if you live in Colorado (if you live anywhere else, you probably don't give a shit). And my friends call playing poker "poking." I'm not sure why.So...I'm not a pervert. That is all.
I thought that was pretty funny myself.

And more recently, I really dug
this post, which is not pokery at all. Sometimes, however, a sneak peek at the person that is behind the blog is better than anything else. Sure we are poker bloggers, but we are people first. I was going to put an excerpt below, but instead, just click here and go check it out for yo-self. It's worth it.

As I'm to understand, Peaker is an editor/reporter/journalist. I often see his skills come out in his blog, but I know the blog is his release away from the professional aspect of writing. Still he manages to often bring the goods on his blog as well.

Peaker cares about what he writes and he wants to be read. I can see that in his writing and I think that is great. I hope this little Spotlight sends a couple of folks his way. Good luck Peaker.


And before I forget, the above pic is a banner I made in case you want it, Peaker. Click on the pic to get the banner size version. I will tell you this, though it looks pretty basic, for a newbie Photoshop guy, that banner was a big accomplishment. I was doing all kinds of new stuff I had never done before. That said, if you don't dig, you won't hurt my feelings. It is more of a learning experience for me. If you like it, however, let me know and I'll help you get it set up.

On a quick side note, it looks like DADI 8 is coming together quite nicely and we should have details out soon. Methinks it will be the DADI 8: Rebuy in July with some extra money added to the prize pool and a $5 buy-in and rebuy schedule. Once I know more and can get a date and details together I'll let you all know.

Previous Blog Spotlights:


Iakaris
CCExplore
9 2 Offsuit
Will Wonka
O-Poker
Sir Waffles

posted by TripJax @ 9:38 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home