Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Bashes On A Motha Fuckin Boat

I'm sure most of you who read this here brog already read Sir Al, and thus already know what I'm about to write about. Regardless, I've got some pimping to do.

As many of you know, Al is heading up The Bash At The Boat in late September. It's for 4 great causes:

- For Peyton
- Michael's Mircacle
- Drinking Lots-O-Alcomohol
- Meeting Up With Fellow Broggers

The first two causes are the ones that make all of this feel right. They are the ones that remind you that life is precious and sometimes you are needed. You may not know these people, but that is not what matters. What matters is, when you can, it is better to give than receive. I can't support every charity, nor do I want to. Our family dollars don't go very far, but when I can, I will drop a few dollars when it feels right. This feels right.

The last two causes from the list above are what makes this little venture way too easy to support. I seriously can't wait to meet some of you degenerates.



So here is the deal regarding the picture above (be sure to click the pic to get a better view of the, erm, text. On Saturday, before all the festivities get going, there will be a charity poker tournament with
Gavin Smith. He has been great for the game of poker and really makes poker on TV interesting. He is quite funny and plays a style of poker I can relate to. Over the past year he has been my favorite player to watch on TV.

Gavin and a few other pros have graciously offered to pony up a sizeable chunk of cash to go towards both charities listed above. However, to make things interesting, there will be a tournament with each player using their charitable donation as their buy-in. As I'm to understand, buy-ins may vary, but it is all for a good as 100% goes to the charities noted above.

For
those of us going to the Bash, the above satellite on Full Tilt is our chance to do our part and get in on the action. We can all play a $25 satellite and whoever takes 1st place will represent the broggers at the Gavin Smith Charity Poker Tournament that Saturday at The Bash. All proceeds from this satellite go towards your buy-in which subsequently goes towards the charities listed above as I've already noted.

I don't know about you, but that sounds like cheap entertainment that goes towards a great cause. The chance to sling chips with some pros is pretty cool.



On a side note, even if you are not going to the Bash, you can still play in the satellite to support the cause. I don't know what Al has in mind, but maybe if someone wins the satellite and is not coming to the Bash, they can pick a brogger from the list of people going to represent us all at the tourney. Or maybe it should go to the brogger who is going that has the best finish in the satellite. Obviously that would be up to Al, but just a couple of thoughts on the subject.

In case you are wondering, when I was making the banner, putting up a pic of Gavin just wasn't working out. Don't get me wrong, he's got poker skillz, but he's no Clonie Gowen in the looks department. Thus, I had to choose a fellow friend of Full Tilt to put on the banner. This does not mean she will be at the Charity Tournament or The Bash, but a dude can dream. I hope you will agree it was a smart move. I promise, the day we have a Clonie Gown Charity Tournament, I will put up a pic of Gavin Smith instead to make things even.*

*No I won't.

posted by TripJax @ 10:00 AM,

3 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'll be there to donate. Just don't take my chips this time ;)

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

That is a correct response Drizz!Other acceptable responses include...

"Just don't take my chips on a horribly played and misread hand, you dolt."

Glad you'll be playing and glad I'll finally get to meet you at the Bash...

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

What in the hell is tha world coming to when a guy has to explain why he puts a pic of smokin' hot Clonie on the banner instead of lovable but tubable Gav?!?

Man, I think something Bad is gonna happen to me karmically for missing the Bash... next year fah shuwah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home