Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Payback, Thy Name is Jack

Alternate title for this post...I Am Jack's Inflamed Sense Of Retribution.

Sometimes you catch a break in a tourney and end up winning the damn thing. Just look at my last post for a good example. Still, other times you catch a break in a tourney and then your break goes broke. What the hell am I talking about eh?

I played the Big Game last night and I was really feeling good about my game. We were relatively deep in the tourney when I pick up JJ. I don't recall exact details, but I believe the BB was 600 and
Gracie popped it to around 1800. I pushed for around 6k and she insta called and showed QQ. I figured I was toast, but a J on the flop kept me alive and sent Gracie packing. I actually had more chips than her so I wouldn't have been out, but I would have been in serious trouble with barely any chips left if I had lost that hand. I felt really bad about the beat I put on Gracie, but knew that I had a job to do and quickly got back into focus mode.

At the last break, I was the chip leader with around 14.5k. On the heels of the Mookie win earlier in the week, I just felt like my game was on. Unfortunately, after the break, I would quickly give up my chip lead and find myself on the rail not long after. With around 6k and the blinds getting huge, I woke up with AK and pushed after
cracknaces bet around1800 (I think). He seemed to be fed up with being pushed off his raises and decided to make the call with KJ. Unfortunately, the same Jack that saved me against Gracie knifed me on the river on that last hand. Das pokah

At the moment when I was knocked out, I was really bummed about how things went down. I felt like if I could take that hand I would at least get into the money. We were at the final table and only 3 spots away from the money and that would have given me a mid size stack with 2 or 3 other players having less chips than me. As it were, I was sent packing in 8th place with 5 places paying. It only took about 30 seconds before I had to remind myself that had I not nailed that Jack against Gracie I would have been asleep instead of at the final table.

I can't wait for the next Big Game and a chance at some good dough. See you then!

posted by TripJax @ 11:17 AM,

6 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see some of the stories emerging from The Big Game. Sounds like it was a blast.

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger peacecorn said...

Chaka Khan!

Nice hand.

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Chad C said...

Sorry about the KJ.... I was getting about 2.5/1 to call and really felt like I was flipping or had two live cards. Plus I had a lot more chips than you did at the time and it wouldn't hurt me to try. If it makes you feel better, the guy who won knocked me out in 4th when I pushed A10 hearts after getting sick of his raise every pot philosophy. He calls with KQ heart and turns a Q, gg me...... It was like 18K for him to call and win 26K and he called anyway. So atleast I had reasoning for my play :)

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

all good chad...i'm still trying to analyze some of my play and the other play at the table cause it was a rather interesting tourney. you should read iak's blog post...good stuff going on over there...

thanks for posting man.

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

Hey brotha - strong play as is the norm with you at these things. You're right about my willing folds to reraises, I was making a few moves and no doubt folded while ahead a couple of times. Woulda shoulda coulda, but can't complain on the whole.

 
At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The days of people folding KQ when faced with an all-in bet by their opponent are long gone, sadly. I have to remind myself of stuff like this often when I find myself saying aloud, "how the F could he call that with the way I've been playing?"

People have so much more gamble in them nowadays, and this is coming from a guy who only got into poker after Moneymaker won.

A buddy of mine was playing tight at the Final Table of the Bodog $100k Guaranteed and the only play he made at the table was called by a midstack holding KJ suited. That's just one example I can think of.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home