Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



iPoker

I don't mean to alarm anyone, but this is my 2nd post today. Two posts in one day is unheard of by me. I must be channelling my inner Wawfuls or Jordan. I'm sure those two will love being coupled together like that.

I was going through my RSS feeds today and came across this particular post over at Gizmodo - a techie blog with tons of readership. The post is basically about techies who have hacked into the iPhone and found codes for games that don't even exist on the phone. In other words, it makes it pretty obvious that the Apple heads eventually plan to add games to the iPhone, but have yet to do so.

Normally I would give two shits about this - no more or less than two shits, i stand firm at two shits - but I got a kick out of the game they chose to highlight as potentially/eventually being available on the iPhone. For your viewing pleasure, I've added it within this post on the left. Check out our boy dbirider from The Poker Bus getting some free pimpage/advertising for his PokerOnAMac site. Gotta love it. Methinks they need Mookie on the case next time they try and photoshop a picture 'cause that one just ain't cuttin' it.

Anyway, it would be hella cool to eventually have a true poker game running on an iPhone, but I'm not holding my breath. In the meantime, lets just play along with the Gizmodo folks and make pretend poker fun.

By the way, if you are into that techie shit, definitely add Gizmodo to your RSS feeds. They are sort of the Wicked Chops Poker of tech news. Occasionally they'll show off a cool tech item or drop a funny post on us, so it's worth the read. Be forewarned, however, they have a new post up about every 5 fawking minutes it seems. I swear I don't know how they do it. They must have 75 lemurs in a small room with high speed internet access, combing the tubes for techie stuff to offer us.

I am not allowing myself to type the word techie again for the next year after this friggin' post.

posted by TripJax @ 6:28 PM,

4 Comments:

At 4:06 PM, Blogger KajaPoker said...

They have 54 lemurs at last counts. And 32 gophers. Modo is the only feed that jams up at 200 in bloglines in a couple of days. It re-tech-u-lous.

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Gizmodo is good and so is Engadget. Both put out dozens of posts a day on the newest in techie news. You might want to pick just one because Engadget and Gizmodo seem to report on much of the same thing. Gizmodo seems to do a better job at inserting sarcasm and humor into their techie posts. www.engadget.com

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger bayne_s said...

Trip

Site was www.officialpokerrankings.com

Hand was early and it was checked to river. (Ace on flop spooked everyone)

 
At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, look at that :) I had no idea gizmodo had my image up until I found the post on your blog. A link back to my site would have been the icing on the cake, but probably would have crashed my server with all the traffic they have.

Unfortunately there's still no word on any poker sites looking to tackle the iPhone market.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home