Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Teh Suck

This weekend had the makings of one long brutal poker session. A weekend I was close to dubbing, "Teh Suck." I was headed towards a weekend of winning one fucking game - that being a heads-up match - among a slew of games I entered. I played MTT's and couldn't cash. I played SNG's and couldn't cash. I played cash games and donked off buy-ins. I played heads-up matches and donked all but one.

Now granted, the amount I lost wasn't anything huge, but it just sucked to play the way I was playing. I had no focus and couldn't catch a break to save my life. That's not a good combo. I was briefly chatting with Drizz and mentioned I had just made two large cash outs in the last week and a half and I was in a downward spiral ever since and he wrote, "CASH OUT CURSE!" I got a kick out of that one and told him I was running to get my tinfoil hat (yes I realize that is not a tinfoil hat, but I love that picture).

So after my above mentioned big cashouts, I left myself with a little over $250 to play around with. After my shitty ass play I found myself with $70 left by Saturday night. I had tried a couple of times to satellite into the Big Game to no avail. This is the same Big Game I FUCKING WON last time and this time I couldn't even satellite into or directly buy-in to. Not a good feeling folks, but I knew it was because of the limited bankroll I left myself after some much needed cashouts.

So I resolved to play one last game on Sunday night in lieu of the Big Game. I noticed they recently added $8, 180 player SNG's on Full Tilt. I fired one of those up and got busy. I wish I was writing this now to let you know I took the $388 first place prize, but that's not the case. I did head into the final table in 1st place, but I took a rough beat early that really set the tone for the rest of my final table experience. I take that hand and I'm at 100k in chips and in control. As it were, I had my work cut out for me.

In the end I lost my last race with my AK vs 55. Another hand where I'm sitting pretty if I take it, but instead I was out in 5th for $108 profit. It wasn't $388, but it was a nice boost to an otherwise depleted roll. I still have my work cut out for me in order to not go busto with such a small roll, but I just have to take it one game at a time.



Did anyone else see this? That's a $10 tournament with 19,203 entrants. After reading Kaja's post, I fired up the tourney and watched it while I played poker. They were right at the 3 hour mark and were very deep into the money. And by very deep I mean there were 600 players remaining...but 3000 made it in the money. Not too long after they were down to 100 and by the time I decided to close it down they were down to 30 players remaining. It had only been a little under 5 hours and had already lost 19,170 players. Unbeleivable. Methinks I'm going to have to eventually reload over at Stars sometime and try and KOD my way through that 20,000 person minefield.



Craziness at work this past Friday. Expecting even crazier stuff Monday. Hopefully I can post about it later, but right now I can't take a chance of discussing anything prematurely. I'm hoping for good things at the moment so we'll see. I'm still a little stunned about what happened Friday, but I'll just have to leave it at that. Damn could that be any more vague??!!

Until next time, may the felt be with you.

posted by TripJax @ 3:02 AM,

3 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Blogger KajaPoker said...

Tarded lemur calls a raise with KT and shoves on a Ten high flop. Sick!

By the way, haven't checked it out completely but Poker Gnome says you can deposit with a regular credit card.

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Shelly said...

I want that tshirt! Hope your vague thing turns out to be whatever goodness you're hoping it will be :)

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ouch on the beat, good work getting there though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home