Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Poker Manager

I've taken the advice of the King Of the Donks and downoaded the Tourney Manager. I'm currently just testing out the trial version, but I can already tell I'm going to pony up the $40 and have this program full time after I use up my 50 tournament downloads.

It was a bit of a gut check to hit the F5 button (that's how easy it is to import the hand histories) and immediately have the graphs show I'm a losing SNG player over the last 2 months. Granted, I've only played 17 SNG's in that timeframe, but only cashing in 3 SNG's over that run really smarts. I've just been running terrible lately and if you couple that with poor decision making, the losses can really add up. Special note...that picture to the left is not of my winnings. That's just one of the screenshots from their website. My graph sucked balls so I'll wait to post it until I've played enough SNG's to really paint the true picture. 17 SNG's is not even remotely enough games to truly track my progress. How about 10,000 SNG's?!

I can already tell, just from my brief evaluations of the system last night, that this program will help to keep me constantly working towards building a bankroll. Also, I've been lacking in keeping up with my rakeback and now that I have the system to help track it, I think I will be more inclined to play more SNG's and build my roll accordingly.

I'm ready to light this candle now.



While perusing the Tourney Manager forums last night, I came across an interesteing program that might be pretty cool. It is called the Poker Manager and it looks to be created by the same person who made the Tourney Manager. I think it is going into beta phase soon, so hopefully all goes well and we'll be able to give it a try soon.

In essence, it is a program that brings everything about your poker world into one tight knit place. Imagine wanting to know - from all the poker sites you have on your computer - which ones have a tournament starting in the next 10 minutes between $25 - $50. Now imagine finding the tournament you want, clicking one simple button, and the program takes you to that tourney. I don't think I can do it justice with my explanations here, so why don't you just view the demo. It looks as though there is a ton of info within the program.



Ever since I switched over from Bloglines to Google Reader for my RSS reading, I've been lacking in updating my blogroll. The one thing I miss from Bloglines that Google Reader does not offer was the ability to quickly and easily add to my blogroll on my blog template. Still, I like Google Reader enough to stick with it instead of Bloglines.

Now don't get me wrong, if you are reading this and you have a blog, most likely I have you set up in my Google Reader, but I may not have you on my blogroll within my blog. I've always been adding blogs to my Reader, but since I don't use bloglines anymore, I may have missed adding you to my blogroll. If you are reading this and I haven't added you to my blogroll, shoot me a comment and I'll try and add everyone during my vacation next week.



I broke a cardinal rule of poker last night. Don't play poker when you're not feelin' it. I went out drinking with a buddy Tuesday night and had a horrible, hungover day at work yesterday. That should have been enough to tell me it was a bad idea to play any poker. Instead, I fired up the Mookie like I always do and was gone before the 1st break (actually the hand before the 1st break). Granted, I went out on a tough river card to take me out, but even still, my head wasn't in the game. It was probably just as good that I was out of the tourney and able to go to sleep early. I feel much better today.

I'm headed to the beach with the family for a full week on Saturday so you can expect to see limited posts from me after tomorrow and until next Saturday. I'm debating on whether to take the computer at all, but I'm pretty sure the hotel we are in has wifi, so I may take it just to log on occasionally.

In know you all will cry yourself to sleep on your wee little pillows until I return right?

Until next time, may the felt be with you.

posted by TripJax @ 1:19 PM,

12 Comments:

At 10:54 AM, Blogger Pokerwolf said...

Seems I'm not in your blogroll. Hook me up, please?

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

You are already on my blogroll wolf...

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Do you have me under Torture maybe????

:-)

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Garthmeister J. said...

Per your question on Chad's blog, does this software handle MTTs as well?

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

* hey torture...i mean tragedy...you've been added!

* garth, i don't think so. I played the mookie last night, and once i was knocked out i opened up the program again and imported my hand histories and it didn't show. i'm thinking it is just for sng's...

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger lj said...

how do you add people on your bloglines directly onto your blogroll? that would definitely help me update mine!

also, would love to hear some thoughts if you feel like it on why you prefer google reader.

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Pseudo_Doctor said...

THe cardinal rule is don't play when your drunk...I did last night and lost about -600.

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger jusdealem said...

You can add me if you like, sir. :) Thanks

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

lj,

here is what i did...to avoid having so many links on my blog template, i made 1 link at the top, "Links."

I posted my public Bloglines links via that link...you can see how to do that here...

http://www.bloglines.com/help/share?tip=4

Then, I added an easy Subsribe Button to my Browser Toolbar, so that when I'm reading a blog that I like, I can just click on it to add the subscription.

Here is how you can review how to do that...

http://www.bloglines.com/help/easysub?tip=6

This worked well for me at home, but unfortunately it doesn't work for me at work and now that I'm on Google Reader I rarely ever open up Bloglines. I guess it is just mainly laziness.

As for Google Reader, it is just so easy to work with and is very clean looking. Also, I love the scrolling feature where as you scroll down using the roller on your mouse, it automatically removes the feed from your list of unread. I think you could probably take a tour of how it works from Google.

Hope that helps.

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

jusdealem,

Done!

 
At 1:07 AM, Blogger Schaubs said...

And to think, I've had you on the front 9 all this time...

add me sucka.

Have a good weekend.

 
At 6:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

blogroll meeeee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home