Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Peaker Pwns

I've played zero poker lately and just haven't had a lot of time to spend writing here, thus I haven't. During BBT and BBTwo, I HATED missing even one event. During BBThree, I've lightened up a bit and just play when it feels right. For example, normally I would have played The Hoy last night and watched the NCAA Championship game from my couch, but instead this time I went to a buddies house and enjoyed the game with friends. There is something to be said for walking away from poker at times. I guess this is just the natural progression of a poker blogger who has been at it for quite a while (in blog years that is). Watch out, I might just write about politics all the time next! I keed, I keed.



I lost my bet versus Rock Chalk Peaker Fawk, when Kansas trounced UNC this past weekend. That game was brutal, brutal and brutal. I'll send you the $11 Mookie buy-in next time I log into Full Tilt Peaker (tonight or tomorrow). Bastage! Congrats to your boys for taking down the whole thing. That was a crazy game last night.



I have to apologize to you all out there in poker blogger land. I am so far behind in my blog reading I don't know if I'll ever catch up. Sometimes I wish every blog had one of these so I could catch up when I get way behind. I'll try and get back to reading so I'm not clueless as to who now hates who and who made a donk play against who.



Random question that goes out to the Atlanta poker blogging crew (and really anyone for that matter). Do any of you recognize the name Furman Bisher? With the 2008 Masters upon us, I was reading his Wiki page (linked above) and this jumped out at me...


Bisher, who is nearly 90, holds seniority over the hundreds of golf reporters and other sports journalists who descend on Augusta, Georgia, each April for The Masters Tournament. During the 2006 tournament, The Golf Channel profiled Bisher as the "dean" of Masters journalists.
Furman Bisher is ChickJax's Great Uncle (her grandfather's brother). Just thought that was kind of cool.

Until next time, may the felt be with you.

posted by TripJax @ 1:36 PM,

5 Comments:

At 2:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Woot!
No rush on paying me.

 
At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Peaker is a sneaky mofo...he rode Kansas to some nice prop bet payoffs.

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Joaquin "The Rooster" Ochoa said...

I went from the top to the bottom of this blog and not post of your beautiful wife or cute kids...booo...this blog went from C-List to D-List.

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger 23skidoo said...

Bisher is as old as Methuselah and just about as relevant.

 
At 2:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks fro writing about Furman Bisher. I've been a fan of his for a while. Did you know that in 1961 he was named him one of the nation's five best columnists by TIME?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home