Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Battered And Bruised

The last month at work has sucked.  I've been preparing for an audit and most of my time has been dealing with the shit that crops up in the process.  All the prep work culminated in a perfect storm this week of auditors rummaging through all our stuffus.  I always feel a tad violated when outsiders sift through my work that I've busted ass on for a full year and manage to find some lilliputian error in a sea of otherwise perfect work.


Them: "Um, we see you didn't initial your approval on this particular form."
Me (under my breath): "Yeah well fuck you...did you notice the 3248 other forms I did perfectly?"


In all honesty, the auditors were pretty cool and we ended up doing well, so it's all good.  


I'm happy to report the auditors walked out of our office at 1pm yesterday.  I'm even happier to report that by 4pm I walkinig into a bar in order to stuff large quantities of alcamahol down my throat.  I always get ripped after our audit.  It is the first sign that my life can get back to normal. 

Let me apologize in advance...I'll be posting regularly here again so you will have to put up with reading my drivel more often.  Oh and I might even start playing poker again.  I'm starting to get the itch.  Woot!


Until next time, may the felt be with you.

posted by TripJax @ 10:50 AM,

1 Comments:

At 11:36 AM, Blogger OhCaptain said...

At my last company, we had the Tax Auditors from the state come in and do an audit on our books. They sat down and explained how it usually worked. They go through everything and at the end will give us a bill for the stuff we didn't do right.

As the day grew on, our auditor got more and more frustrated. It was quite visible how upset he was getting.

At the end of the day, it appeared that we had over paid. We were a bit to zealous and the state owed us money. Hehehe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home