Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Mundane Monday Musings

Mundane Monday Musings

Well, apologies for the lack of posting lately. I have wanted to write, but I needed a few days away from ye ole blog. And to be honest, I have not had a ton to write about, but I guess we will see where this post goes. It is Monday and the creative juices are not exactly flowing, so please work with me here folks.

~~~~~~

As you may have read in a prior post, I want to play more of the larger guarantee tourneys, but my bankroll is not in a condition to support playing $20+ tournament buyins very often. As a result, I created the TripJax Qualifier. Basically, you play a $5 SNG and, if you win it, you use your winnings to play in the $20 + $2, 40K Guarantee that Party offers nightly. If you place 2 or 3 you can either book the profit or play another game of choice.

GCox and I gave the qualifier a test run on Wednesday night and things started off quite well. We both won our respective SNGs, which set us up perfectly to sign up for the 40K. We both did so and things were going well for us for quite a while. Unfortunately for G, he got pretty cold decked and went out somewhere in the 800s, out of about 2400 starting players. I managed to chip up late in the tourney and was poised for at least a money place.

Unfortunately, I got married to a BB hand and ended up going out 250 when top 220 placed in the money. At first I was extremely disappointed in going out without at least placing in the money, but it was not long before I realized that I played well and should not be disappointed with my result. With this tournament I did something I have not been able to do in the past, continue to play my game regardless of where I was currently standing in the stats. I did not care that there were only 30 more spots before the money. I cared that I had a good read on the player I was in the hand with and I wanted his chips. My read was correct, but unfortunately the board helped him more than it helped me. When we got all our money in I had AJ to his A9. We both hit our Ace, but he hit a nine as well to take me out. We were about even in chips so whoever won that hand would chip up quite nicely and be well on their way to a good run towards a nice payday. He just happened to catch his card and I did not. Oh well. I would like to thank all the railbirds. It was great for the support and on occasion you helped me head in the right direction. That was quite cool.

~~~~~~

I signed up for the $75 Titan Instant Bankroll promotion through PSO and am patiently awaiting my confirmation email so I can get started. I imagine many, many people have signed up for this promotion so it is taking a while for PSO/Titan to sift through all the entrants. I am giving up 9000 PSO points by doing the Instant Bankroll instead of the normal promotion, but I would probably just use the 9000 points towards a $100 gift card at Party, so I just figured I would take the quicker/easier route and hope to build the $75 up above $100 or more during the process.

I know some of the degenerates already have Titan accounts so it will be nice to be able to join them now.

~~~~~~

I received my PokerStars shirt on Friday and ended up wearing it Saturday when I went out on the town with some buddies. On 3 separate occasions I had someone ask me if I play online poker. One guy even asked if I played in the 2005 WSoP, but I could not bring myself to bluff and say yes. He apparently knew that someone from Greensboro had done well and he was hoping it was me. Trust me, I was hoping it could be me too, but alas that will have to wait. The shirt is kick ass (see below post for a pic) and I really appreciate the PokerStars folks for sending it to me. Thanks again guys!

As for that night, many a SoCo drink was consumed and at one point I was remiss in not having Als number in order to have my first DialAShot. I really gotta get some bloggers phone numbers plugged into my cell phone so I can call during my drunken moments.

~~~~~~

I finally got my HU game in order and have started to win a few of them. Thankfully, the tide turned while playing the 4 player matches at Stars so I was able to book some nice $20 wins over the weekend. I hope the trend continues.

~~~~~~

Congrats to the R.O.W. (Rest Of the World) for again crushing us in the blogger U.S. vs. R.O.W. tourneys. LittleAcornMan showed his true colors in outlasting all other bloggers in the 18 person SNG we played. Congrats to LAM and Veneno for placing in the money. Condolences to the rest of us buggers for not cashing, especially G whose bubble was yet again burst. Sorry dude.

~~~~~~

That will have to do it for now. As usual, I never write the things down that I really want to post in this here blog, so the drivel that comes out is just all the crap off the top of my head. For much better writing, please consult the links list on the left. Booya!

posted by TripJax @ 3:46 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home