Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Merry Early Christmas Beetches!

Merry Early Christmas Beetches!

I just wanted to get that out of the way in case I'm unable to post again before Christmas. Moving on...If you read my previous post you know I've been pretty frustrated with my wireless connection to poker sites as of late. Of course, on the heels of that post, I played last night with nary a problem to speak of. Still, I have a plan in place to combat the issues, as I know one good night does not a problem fix. Regardless, thanks for the input a few of you left in my comments. I appreciate it.

I played in the WWdN last night - my first chance to do so - and had a great time. I doubled up very early off of Gamecock when his pocket pair went down to my flopped set that turned into a full house by the river. When he got knocked out he noted he misread me and congratulated me, but I immediately got moved and was unable to reply. So, thanks for the comment Gamecock and sorry I had to end your night early. I would have much rather taken out a non-blogging Wheaton fanatic than a fellow blogger, but when most of the field is comprised of bloggers, that's tough to accomplish. I'd like to note I really dig Gamecock's blog and think you should check it out if you haven't already.

I was able to ride my early chip-up to top 5 in chips for most of the first hour, but eventually hit a tough run and was out in the second hour when the blinds were beginning to get hefty. The two hands that hemorrhaged my stack were at the hands of the same player and, though they were boring, I feel compelled to write them down.

With about 1700 in chips and AQ in late position it folds to me and I raise the 100 BB to 300 (maybe 325). Only the BB calls. The flop comes down K 10 X and I make a continuation bet of 400 after he checks. He minimum raises me to 800 and I fold, to which he shows K X and types, "thought I would be nice." I'm still trying to figure out which was the nice part, showing me his hand or check raising me. Needless to say, I took it as a smug comment and did not reply. Of course I'm probably reading too much into it, but whatever.

Not long after I'm around 975 in chips and push in early position with A 10 sooted. Same guy two to my left insta-calls with 4 or 5 players still to act. He had less than 2000 in chips so this was risking more than half of his stack. He flips over K J offsoot and hits his K on the river. I don't mind that I lost the hand at all and certainly know I was not that huge of a favorite when the cards were flipped, but I was still a bit surprised with the insta-calling off of more than half his stack with K J offsoot and numerous other players left to act. I don't know...I try not to vent too often on this here blog so I just had to let it out.

Still, I had a great time and enjoyed the company of other bloggers. It was good to sit at the table with the likes of Maudi and BG, which I have not done in quite a while. A quick side note about BG. I must say I didn't really catch on to OddJack until it was nearing its end (of how it once was). I did enjoy much of the content, but as I've mentioned before, a lot of it was over my head (the non-poker related stuff primarily). Still, I just wanted to thank BG for linking two of my posts on OddJack posts. Those two posts have probably been the most read posts ever for me and I have no doubt it's because of the links from OddJack. Oddly, though I've gotten many reads of the Hansen post, I didn't get any comments.

Regarding my connection I mentioned above, I've decided to take BigPirate's advice and get myself hard wire ready for those times when my connection struggles. I had not done this yet because my modem and router are in my bedroom and I don't like having to go there to play poker. I like being in the living room where everyone is so I can still be around the family.

So, tonight I'm going to move the router and modem to the living room and set it up where I can easily plug in when need be. I'm sure I’ll need to make a quick run to RadioShack for wires and such, but that will be no problem. I hope everything goes smoothly.

One of the poker sites I've been neglecting during my connection problems is Hollywood. I signed up with them near the end of November through VegasPokerPro, a site similar to PokerSourceOnline. I figured I could put them on the backburner for a little while since I have 60 days to clear the VPP promo. Unfortunately I looked a little closer on the Hollywood site last night and realized I have to clear THEIR 100% matching bonus within 30 days. Dohl!

So, I've cleared 60 points and have to clear a total of 450 by December 27th. Time to rock and roll. Me thinks two tabling is in my future, but we'll see how things go. I've stepped down from 1/2 to .50/1, but haven't really seen much of a slow down in the bonus clearing. Last night I played short handed and had numerous maniacs at the table who either paid me off on my big hands or built the pots up during my folded hands, getting me the max rake cleared. I ended up breaking even for the night, but when bonus clearing I consider a break even night to be o.k.

Well, that's it for me folks. Expect limited posting from me through the holidays as I will be off the rest of the week and not sure when I'll have time to write. Still, when I get the chance, I may whip up a post here and there. As noted above, I will definitely be playing poker in order to clear my bonus, so look for me on the felt.

posted by TripJax @ 11:31 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home