Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Adios Poker In Arrears

No, I'm not quitting this here brog. Quite the contrary. This morning I decided I was going to make a few changes to ye ole brog. Specifically, I was fed up with my template. Not so much with the look as the functionality. Lots of little nit-picky behind the scenes stuff that bugs the shite out of me. So, If you're reading this through bloglines, or another reader, go ahead and click through to see all the changes I've made.

First off, I've changed my template. You'll notice most of the same stuff from before, but in different places.

Second, I've dropped Poker In Arrears as my title. It is now TripJax and I've got a new tagline. When people come to read my brog, I want them to remember TripJax. It is easy to remember, but it can get confusing when the brog address is http://tripjax.com and the title is Poker In Arrears. So, I enjoyed it while it lasted, and I still think it is funny, but adios Poker In Arrears. If you are ever in an updating mood and have me on your links list as Poker In Arrears, just change it over to TripJax.

Third, I moved the sidebar from the left side to the right. This was more of necessity with the template update. I also added a Search function on the sidebar.

Fourth, I no longer need HaloScan as this template works with Brogger Comments. Hellz Yeah.

With every change usually comes road blocks, so bare with me over the next few weeks as I figure out any and all bugs. If you notice something that looks wack or doesn't view correctly in your browser, please let me know so I can investigate. One thing that was annoying in the old template is I had to type the title not only in the title box, but also in the message of the body in order to get it to show on the main page. As a result, if you are ever reading my old posts you'll see the title twice. That won't happen with future posts. That was just one of the reasons this new template is a good thing.

I have a few other ideas for this brog template and how it could incorporate well with some other projects going on, but that will have to wait for another time.

Thanks for reading and I hope you like the new digs.

posted by TripJax @ 3:03 AM,

16 Comments:

At 11:39 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

Test

 
At 11:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great man...

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I haven't seen such good plastic surgery since Pamela Anderson!
Nice!

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger DuggleBogey said...

You've alwyas been tripjax on my blogroll. But I guess that's why you made this change.

We're kind of in the same boat, more people know DuggleBogey than Go Be Rude. But Go Be Rude is so.....me.

 
At 12:10 AM, Blogger Wes said...

I like the layout.

 
At 1:42 AM, Blogger Ignatious said...

as long as you keep that header graphic. :)

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Shelly said...

i like it better than your old one :) nice work!

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Dave said...

Change is good! Crisp, clean and no caffeine!

 
At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trip - Nice looking blog here!

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger John G. Hartness said...

good stuff, mang

 
At 12:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the sexy new look. One thing that I find odd though, is that the tripjax.com domain name always stays the same no matter what page you're on.

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

Yup. Looks Goot. Or as P would say, "Me likey your [new look] girl diary."

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger TripJax said...

Thanks everyone...

dbirider,

I don't really have my server account set up yet, so whenever you go to the site from http://tripjax.com it is really just routing you to http://tripjax.blogspot.com, but making it look like it is still tripjax.com. The only way I've gotten around this is to use the "open page in a new window" function, which puts the actual address up.

Once I get set up with my own server that will change, but until then...

thanks for checking out the new digs...

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Jordan said...

Great new look, but your explanation to dbrider takes away all the magic...

 
At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lance is gay????? Who would have guessed it?

I like the new look, in a straight kinda way.

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger drewspop said...

I am just finally catching up here but, as everyone said, it looks great man. Rock on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home