Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Kaiser Soze

My splendiferous return to online poker after a short hiatus ended with an uninspiring finish of 15th out of 47 entrants. I don't recall one exciting hand for the entire tournament, except for a KJ versus 44 race where I hit my King to stay alive. Even that only brought me to around 6k which was still well below the average. Early in the tournament I was chip leader, but that only lasted about 10 minutes. Just wasn't my night.

While I fizzled out, my brother (ChapelncHill) once again made the final table and was in the money, finishing in 6th place. I'm guessing he will probably break the top 50 of the Battle Of The Blogger Tournaments leaderboard after last nights finish coupled with his 2nd place in last weeks MATH. Having only played a couple of events, I'd say that's not too shabby.



I wish this post was headed in a positive direction, but it's just not one of those days. Last month I mentioned how our cat Jah is not doing so well after we noticed a tumor on her neck. She has managed to hold strong and is still with us though we know it is probably just a matter of time. We are holding out hope that the medicine and her tenacity will keep her around for quite a while longer.

Unfortunately, however, the beats just keep coming. Today we are taking our dog, Kaiser Soze, to be put to sleep. A few weeks ago we took him into the vet because he's had a terrible cough of late and has lost a lot of weight and energy. On the way to the vet he even collapsed and has done so several times since. Turns out he has severe heart failure and his organs are just giving up on him. He is a full black lab and is 8 years old. I can't help but feel he is leaving us before his time, but he is suffering terribly right now. This morning he was coughing up blood. That's no way to live and the vet has advised us there is nothing left for us to do.

Kaiser, I will miss you old friend. We love you.

And yes, we named him after the "character" in The Usual Suspects, though we spelled the name a little differently. He was cool like that. His papers actually read Kaiser Sose, but I've always said it Soze, so I go with that
.

Sorry to be such a downer today, but Kaiser deserves a tribute 'cause he's always been a good dog to us.

posted by TripJax @ 10:56 AM,

12 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Blogger ScurvyDog said...

Sorry to hear about your impending canine loss. Losing pets sucks, especially when they're suffering and you have to help them along.

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger slb159 said...

Awww...I've gone thru a dog loss before, myself. Dutchess was part foxhound and part beagle (mostly foxhound since she was big as hell...used to put her paws on the top bunk when it was time for bed, and I'd lift her up and she's sleep at my feet)

She loved walks, loved begging...put her head on your leg when you're eating with sad eyes, and she loved when I cooked her breakfast in the morning.

She made it to about 13 or 14 and then developed tumors all over her body. She also got arthritis so bad, she couldn't even sit down...she'd bend, but then get back up. She was in so much pain. Poor Dutch, we hadda put her to sleep.

It's the memories that keep them with us.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Brez said...

I lost my dog this year to natural causes. The worst is not being able to say goodbye, even worse was my case, where if I got a phonecall about 20 minutes earlier, I could've at least spent some more time with my beautiful dog.

But, as my father says:
"Remember him for the good times, not the sad."

May they R.I.P.

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger KajaPoker said...

Sorry for your loss Trip.

KajaBaby is crazy about dogs and shows absolutely no fear. She will run right up to them and give them a bear hug, no matter how big the are.

I am so tempted to get a dog but I don't know how she will handle it when she outlives him.

That's the only reason I am still holding back.

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

Thanks everyone. It's a sad time right now...we just got back from the vet...but your comments definitely help. Thank you.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger lj said...

booo. sorry to hear bout your dog (and cat). it was fun to be at your table, even when you did raise all in on a hand i was dying to play. : )

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger April said...

I know it's heartbreaking but you did the right thing for him. Hugs to you and the family.

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Littleacornman said...

As a dog lover I just wanted to extend my sympathies to you and your family Trip.Cracking photo of him too.

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger oossuuu754 said...

Sorry to hear about you beloved pet.

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Alan aka RecessRampage said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your pets. I haven't gone through a loss of pet yet myself but the inevitable is getting closer, I know. I have nothing more meaningful to add than what's mentioned in the comments above but my thoughts are with you and your family.

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Poker4peace said...

That's a beautiful photo! Sorry to hear about your loss

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I had a dog for 15 years before I had to put him down. It hurts no matter what words you hear. Just know that we've all been there and it's a beautiful thing to be able to end it peacefully.

Hang in there TJ.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home