Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Loves Me Some Friday

*Update*

We did quite well in our audit, so I'm as happy as a tarded lemur who just sucked out on the river. Looks as though I've fooled them yet again. I get to stay gainfully employed for the foreseeable future. Man I've got these people fooled. If they only knew I think about poker and boobies 1/2 the day. Alcamahol...here I come! There will be no tear in my beer tonight! Fushizzle!

*End Update*

The culmination of two weeks worth of gruelling work comes to close in about 1 hour (10:00 am on Friday). I've worked my ask off these two weeks and I'm really hoping it pays off. It's a strange feeling having people review and critique your work for two whole weeks. To say I'm ready for this to be over is an understatement.

If we end up with a great audit report, I will be drinking heavily tonight. If we end up with a terrible audit report, I will be drinking heavily tonight. In other words, if you are a betting man, which I know you are, you might want to bet on me getting sloshed tonight. Not sure if Bodog will draw up that line or not, but it's a sure fire winner.

I'll be back later today to report on if there will be a tear in my beer tonight or not.

Oh, and on a side note, since this is a poker blog, I finished 3rd in the Hoy on Monday. I only had one suck out, and it did not result in the player getting knocked out, so I feel great about my play. There was one tough moment that I would rather have not had to deal with, but it worked out in the end. Down to 5 players, I heard a loud boom outside my house and the power went out. Was I concerned about losing the power? Nope. Was I concerned that I was going to get blinded out of the final table in 5th place? Yep. You can see where my priorities are.

Turns out it was only a short time with the power out and I missed about 5 minutes of the tournament. When I came back to the table 2 of the players had been knocked out and there was still no absolute monster chip leader. It was then I felt pretty damn good about my chances of winning. Unfortunately, I lost some chips over a short period of time and found myself in a situation where I wanted/needed a double up. This is where I ended up coming over the top of an Otis raise all-in with a crap hand like K5 against his 99 and I sucked out on him.

I really, really needed a finish in a tournament like this not only to take a break from work, but also because I've been running ugly at the tables for a couple of months now. The downward spiral was disheartening so getting a final table was gravy.

posted by TripJax @ 8:52 AM,

4 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Blogger BadBlood said...

Dude, if you're getting sloshed, no better place than G-Vegas.

Come down, meet us at the PFChang's at 3:30pm on Woodruff. I'll make sure it's worth the trip.

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger TripJax said...

Damn I'd love to....BUT...I've spent most of the last 2 weeks at work and missing all the home stuff...so I'll be doing my heavy drinking with ChickJax tonight.

Nothing like getting ripped on the couch...maybe even play a little poker...ooh la la.

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Human Head said...

Audits = worst. thing. EVER.

Under any circumstances.

Congrats on getting through unscathed :)

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Donnie Mo' said...

Hey TripJax

I posted that blog entry from last night, have a look:

http://goodbeersbadbeats.blogspot.com/2007/05/102-i-owe-tripjax-post.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home